View job on Handshake
Under the general direction of the Director, Operations, this position has responsibility for the overall management, direction and coordination of plant operations in order to meet established safety, quality, and productivity goals in support of company sales requirements. Ensures company production objectives are met by delivering on cost reduction initiatives in our focus areas of People Safety, Food Quality, Service to our customer, Productivity, and most important our people.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for Production, Maintenance, Warehouse, and Production scheduling of a 24/7 manufacturing Plant.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to carry out the manufacturing policies regarding cost, quality and service to customers.
- Manage plant’s operational budget.
- Measure, track and maintain controls to evaluate plant costs, quality and service.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the operations of all production departments.
- Identify opportunities and lead improvement initiatives with production processes, shift schedules, overtime levels, training, etc.
- Investigate and analyze problems, questions and product loss issues.
- Monitor production for usage/yield variance vs. established cost standards. Identify and submit required formula and routing changes. Initiate corrective actions.
- Maintain up-to-date standard operating procedures and ensure that they are followed at all times.
- Ensure safe operating conditions and methods and proper GMP/Housekeeping standards are practiced at all times.
- Ensure appropriate coaching to team members are completed with a cadence through 1:1 interactions, team meetings, or Daily Direction Setting meetings.
- Ensures fair and consistent enforcement of all company rules and policies are followed.
- Assist team with personal development plans to enhance their effectiveness and satisfaction in their current assignments.
- Interview and evaluate prospective production employees for employment. Ensure job bid selection process is handled appropriately.
- Work with Engineering and overall management of Capex projects and budget.
- Leverage and develop metrics and scorecards for teams to use to help drive future decisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum 10 years of management experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the food industry.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Experience in troubleshooting food process equipment.
- Experience in employee safety with working knowledge of OSHA requirements and standards.
- Knowledge of production environmental requirements including EPA, Air Quality, Waste, etc.
- Working knowledge in quality control.
- Ability to analyze, document, modify and maintain complex systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, support staff, engineers, and plant operators.
- Self-motivation and able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Fundamental knowledge of Statistical Process Control, Lean Manufacturing and 5S principals.
- Experience in GMP or Food Safety practices.
- Execution/Results Driven
- Develops Self & Others
- Customer Focus
- Know Your Business
- Quality & Safety Focus
- Planning & Priority Setting
- Entrepreneurial (Creativity/Leading Change/Innovation
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Management, or Engineering Related Degree.
ABOUT SENSIENT FLAVORS & EXTRACTS:
Sensient Flavors & Extracts Group develops, manufactures and distributes flavor and fragrance systems that are found in thousands of consumer products worldwide. The company’s specialty systems are essential components of food, beverage, household and personal care products. Sensient’s value-added flavors and fragrances enable our customers to excel in highly competitive global markets. The Flavors & Fragrances Group is located in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. .
ABOUT SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION:
Sensient Technologies Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors, and fragrances. Sensient employs advanced technologies at facilities around the world to develop specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals. The Company’s customers include major international manufacturers representing most of the world’s best-known brands. Sensient is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.