View job on Handshake
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
TuSimple is a global Artificial Intelligence Technology Company. We are the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are multiple generations ahead of anyone in the world. While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first GLOBALLY commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
TuSimple is a self-driving technology company with a mission to bring automation to the trucking industry. The Planning and Control (PnC) module is the heart of an L4 autonomous truck, as it is in direct charge of the behavior of the truck. On our team, we work on both motion planning and control of TuSimple’s autonomous trucks.
- Proactive lane-change algorithms to make our lane change natural, smooth and safe.
- Obstacle/collision avoidance trajectory generation considering both tractor and trailer.
- Optimal trajectory generation and decision-making under uncertain environments.
- Vehicle control under extreme weather conditions (heavy wind, snow, and rain)
- Deliver high-quality and reliable code for PnC modules on autonomous driving trucks.
- Develop cutting-edge algorithms with optimization, control theory, and machine learning.
- MS in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar technical field of study.
- The ability to write clean, efficient code and maintain the overall quality of the codebase.
- The ability to write in C++ with a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in optimization: convex optimization, nonlinear optimization, numerical optimization, LP, QP, conic programming, etc.
- Classical and contemporary control: MPC, LQR, Linear system, Nonlinear system, Lyapunov analysis.
- Solid math: Real analysis, Linear Algebra, Differential Geometry, Fourier Analysis, and Ordinary Differential Equation.
- Machine learning. The ability to build a data pipeline, and basics of statistical learning.
- Newton and Lagrangian dynamics with applications on vehicles.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.