Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
At Pinterest, PhD internships provide you with the opportunity to work on meaningful, complex projects that push Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute in cutting-edge research in machine learning and artificial intelligence that can be applied to Pinterest problems
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize findings from data and build intelligent data-driven model
- Write clean, efficient, and sustainable code
- Use machine learning, natural language processing, and graph analysis to solve modeling and ranking problems across discovery, ads and search
- Scope and independently solve moderately complex problems
- Take proactive ownership over the completion and quality of your tasks and project with minimal guidance from your mentor, manager, and peers.
What we’re looking for:
- Working towards a PhD in Computer Science, ML, NLP, Statistics, Information Sciences or related field
- Mastery of at least one systems languages (Java, C++, Python) or one ML framework (Tensorflow, Pytorch, MLFlow)
- Experience in research and in solving analytical problems
- Strong communicator and team player
- Being able to find solutions for open-ended problems
- Must be graduating December 2023 or later
- Publications in machine learning, AI, data science, data analytics, statistics, or related technical fields
- Strong passion for research and for answering hard questions with research
- Passion for applied ML and the Pinterest product
We offer 2 internship start dates:
- May 22, 2023 – August 11, 2023
- June 20, 2023 – September 8, 2023
Colorado based applicants only:
- The salary for this position is $11,000 monthly in Colorado;
- This position is eligible for equity;
- Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
* This compensation and benefits information is based on Pinterest’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, travel, shift requirements, relevant prior experience and/or education, or particular skills and expertise.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.