We are looking for candidates with a strong background in advanced modeling and optimization of manufacturing processes. The research project is in the broad area of Operations and Supply Chain Management, Production Planning and Control, and Enterprise Resource Planning. This project aims to optimize manufacturing processes by developing mathematical programming and simulation-based optimization models.
• Outstanding master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Applied Operations Research, or related fields.
• Research background in Operations Research, Data Analytics, Decision Support Systems, or other related fields.
• Good knowledge in Robust and Data-Driven Optimization, and Stochastic Programming (Markov decision processes, queueing, and inventory control).
• Good knowledge in using CPLEX software to solve optimization models.
• Familiarity with at least one programming language (e.g., MATLAB and Python).
• Ability to independently pursue his or her work and collaborate with others to analyze complex issues.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please reach out to me by sending your CV and research proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting is for the UBC Okanagan campus in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.Please refer to reference number HS-55728 during correspondence about this position.To express interest and initiate contact to the principal investigator applicants are encouraged to follow the instructions as provided in the position description. Please note that applicants will have to complete an online application to the University of British Columbia and gain admission as a graduate student to the university.”