View job on Handshake
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Do you love working with people and numbers? Come immerse yourself in big data and business management at Farmers insurance!
We are looking for innovative, curious, and organized thinkers to join our Personal Lines Product Management summer internship program.
Farmers Insurance Farmers Insurance Group is one of the premier property and casualty insurers in the United States, with operations nationwide and corporate headquarters located in the greater Los Angeles, CA (Woodland Hills) area. Farmers has been independently certified as a Great Place to Work based on its high-trust, high-performance workplace culture. Extensive development opportunities are available through the award-winning University of Farmers, named by Training Magazine as a top 10 corporate training organization in the world. We are one of the nation’s largest insurers of homes and vehicles. Our mission is to deliver peace of mind by making customers smarter about insurance and helping them to recover from a loss.
Perks of working at any of our locations is our amazing culture. We have dynamic employee resource groups (Black Professionals Alliance, LGBT & Allies, Somos Farmers, Toastmasters, Women’s Inclusion Network, and more), a fantastic team environment, and more! This internship is a virtual opportunity.
Product Management ensures that our company continues to grow profitably, and we oversee the Profit and Losses (P&L) of our customers. As such, we collaborate closely with all sides of the business, including Distribution (Farmers agents), Pricing, Underwriting, Research & Development, Claims, Legal, and Marketing.
As an intern, you will develop and present a project to senior leadership that is geared towards achieving our company strategy. Below are examples of a project you might lead:
- Propose a holistic business strategy around self-driving cars
- Test and evaluate pricing strategies around natural disasters
- Research and propose a pricing and marketing strategy catered to the Millennial demographic
- Investigate and present on proper discount utilization by customers and agents
- Pioneer a new report analyzing coverage opportunities and develop agent marketing strategies
You will develop crucial and highly valuable data analytics skills and soft skills through the course of your internship. These include, but are not limited to:
- Data querying, manipulation and visualization in SAS, Access, Power BI, and Excel using SQL code, advanced functions, pivot tables and charts.
- Data analysis, communication and presentation of meaningful insights to peers and senior leadership
- Networking with friendly, highly supportive colleagues of diverse backgrounds and skillsets
Requirements for consideration include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current student pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in Business, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Analytics or related major/ equivalent course work.
- Self-motivated, methodical individuals with attention to detail and effective time-management skills
- GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to work eight to twelve weeks during the summer
- Eligible to work in the United States