Cypress Creek Renewables is powering a sustainable future, one project at a time. We develop, finance, own and operate utility-scale and distributed solar and storage projects across the country. Fostering a diverse group of innovative thinkers from all backgrounds, Cypress people are drawn to work in a purpose-driven organization. We hope you will join us.
Cypress Creek Renewables seeks a highly motivated candidate with experience in solar PV for an opportunity to work on a team responsible for the optimization of a fleet of 1.4+ GW of solar PV assets across the US. The Performance Engineering team sits within the O&M department under the technical services group.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Data Engineer interested in a career in renewable energy. The individual will sit within our Performance Engineering team and share duties with Performance Engineers while gradually developing our Data Management infrastructure and initiatives within O&M. This team member will be a vital part of the digital transformation work being done in the fastest growing segment of the power sector.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in data collection, collation, structuring and cleaning. Maintain data quality through statistical control
- Design and deploy dynamically scalable, available, fault-tolerant, and reliable data architectures on the AWS Cloud infrastructure leveraging native AWS services such as AWS S3, EMR, Lambda and Glue to support business needs
- Managing cloud data infrastructure such that data consumers have efficient access (dependency management data integrity, database optimization)
- Participate rollout of cloud based data governance & security systems
- Fleet Performance Reporting:
- Monitoring the long-term performance of one of the leading utility-scale solar PV fleets in the country
- Creating performance reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Facility Performance Reviews:
- Analyzing production and weather data, working with our O&M providers to provide operational recommendations to improve underperforming sites
Required Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Any successful candidate should fulfill at least the following qualities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Data Science, or Computer Science
- Working knowledge of Python for data analysis
- Designing ETL processes and workflows that can provide sustainable access to an evolving data platform
- Experience or training in data management, data engineering, and/or exchange-transfer-load (ETL) software
- Experience or training in data visualization software such as (but not limited to) Power BI or Tableau
- Programming experience, python preferred
- Familiar with analysis techniques and tools for large datasets (VBA, Python, or similar)
Preferred Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Our ideal candidate would have the qualities above plus:
- Experience in all aspects of electrical maintenance, including DC systems, AC medium voltage systems, protection equipment, network communications and monitoring
- Ability to organize and analyze large data sets
- Experience with the design and operation of photovoltaic systems
- Ability to read and understand construction plan sets
- Experience with system modeling utilizing PVlib, PVsyst, SAM, or other modeling software
- Experience with data acquisition systems
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite with an in-depth focus of Excel.
- Ability to take direction and remain focused on tasks without constant oversight.
Our office is located within the Research Triangle Park, located in Durham, NC with our office nestled in the surrounding forests. Our office offers an open layout and multiple activities to relax and foster your mind, alongside the day to day perks our Durham office offers, such as an outdoor space, snacks, and other activities.
The Performance Engineer works primarily from our Durham office and will coordinate remotely with our team members located on the West Coast. Ability to obtain unescorted access for NERC/CIP facilities