Second Order Effects (SOE) is an engineering consultancy that turns uncertainty into fully functional hardware and software. We work on projects at various stages of development and scope; we perform analysis, build prototypes, and take products to market. Our clients come to us with napkin sketches, fully fleshed ideas, and patent portfolios to productize. Our cross-disciplinary team solves critical problems across numerous industries, including automotive, aviation, consumer electronics, industrial automation, medical, green energy, and space. Our designs control rocket engines, manage satellite communications, generate safety-overrides for self-driving cars, and are enjoyed by consumers around the world. Founded in 2016, Second Order Effects has 90+ employees (and counting!) in offices in El Segundo, California and Redmond, Washington.
Our People Operations Team is devoted to growing an exemplary community by fostering a thriving company culture in which people are heard, valued, and supported. The People Operations team constructs and delivers a rewarding candidate experience, recruiting top talent across a variety of disciplines. We embrace unique experiences and perspectives and facilitate employee growth. We are the team that supports the team.
As a People Operations Coordinator, you will provide support to all aspects of People Operations and will take on responsibilities focused on identifying, sourcing, screening, and scheduling the best candidates in the industry as well as supporting, developing, and advocating for our current employees.
Ideally, you are unafraid of gaining exposure to a wide variety of problems and have a tenacious attitude towards problem-solving and project execution.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with our operations and engineering teams on key people initiatives
- Take ownership on projects within recruiting, compensation, employee development, and community enhancement
- Support and attend interviews, helping our hiring teams and making sure candidates have a great interview experience
- Conduct tours and activities with individuals while showcasing the exciting projects at SOE
- Assist in employee review cycles and coordinating review scheduling across the organization
- Facilitate the onboarding process for new hires
- Produce reports and analytics for routine tasks and new initiatives
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Communications, Economics, Finance, Psychology, or related field)
- 1+ years of professional experience in a human resources, recruiting, marketing, sales, or a customer service capacity
- Exceptional people and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- High level of empathy and patience with others
What Would Be Useful:
- Experience with ATS and HRIS systems (preferably Greenhouse, Gusto, or related systems)
- Curiosity for technology, electronics, and hardware/software systems (previous exposure to engineering teams or electronics is NOT required)
- Ability to distinguish between the top 25% and the top 5% of talent within their respective fields
- Capacity to learn and speak about our business and projects
- Comfort interfacing directly with hiring managers and executives while building strong relationships with both groups
- Expertise with completing or automating routine tasks with attention to detail
- Experience discussing offers and compensation information with candidates and comfort with negotiations
- Excellent analytical and planning capabilities, with creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Applicant must be willing to work 40 hours a week on-site in El Segundo, California, USA
- Applicant must be eligible to work on ITAR projects
- Job Type: Full-time (Salary)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- Competitive compensation + equity incentive plan
- 100% employer paid health insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision) for employees + 50% dependent coverage
- Flexible paid time off policy + 11 paid holidays + 12 paid sick days
- 401(k) retirement account and employer matching (Safe Harbor 4%)
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Paid parental leave
- Electric Vehicle (EV) charging ports
- Daily catered lunches
- & more!
If you don’t meet 100% of the preferred skills and experience, we encourage you to still apply!
Second Order Effects is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SOE is governed on the basis of excellence and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.