Packaging Graphics PM
The Packaging Graphics Program Manager assists Packaging Graphics Producers in organizing documentation, reviewing accuracy of packaging mechanicals, organizing color and press sheet reviews, and helping the team meet tight deadlines in peak seasons. You will manage deliverable due dates according to established standards and timelines, while also coming up with creative solutions to challenges.
- Write print specification documents in the databasewith the direction of the Packaging Graphics Producersprior to handing off to Production Design. Ensure all documents have been approved by the Packaging Graphics Producers before releasing to suppliers.
- QC and organize assets in the database for each mechanical (part numbers, packaging die-lines, translations, illustrations, copy, etc.).
- Manage project life cycles and the release of part numbers.
- Prepare asset handoff documents for review by Packaging Graphics Producers and route to Marcom groups.
- Practice extreme attention to detail in cross-referencing all assets against the final mechanicals per checklist, and confirming all layers match print specifications.
- Communicate updates collected from Packaging Graphics Producers to Marcom Project Management team to facilitate the routing process.
- Provide complete and timely feedback on digital mechanicals, pre-press, and printer proofs.
- Review and sign off on supplier PDFs and press sheets and raise any issues when appropriate.
- Organize final reviews with Packaging Graphics Producers.
- Collaborate with Packaging Graphics team to document best practices and standard operating procedures and processes for both internal and external partners.
- Press check print runs for existing products at domestic and international suppliers and prepare for Producer approval.
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Communications or equivalent.
- 2-5 years mechanical proofing experience in premium consumer packaging and labeling.
- Knowledge of electronic pre-press and printing processes required.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Must possess exceptional organizational, time management, verbal, and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficient in Mac OS and native apps.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, database management.
- Meticulous attention to detail a must.
- Able to understand and interpret complex processes and shifting priorities.
- Experience in database/project management systems.
- Positive, attentive, focused, and engaged. Strong work ethic. Accountable for actions. Takes initiative. Collaborative “team-player.
- Trustworthy in a confidential environment. Supportive of company values.
Manages time effectively. Flexible during high-volume periods (some longer hours)