View job on Handshake
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for the daily routing of McLane deliveries. It establishes routing information and notifies distribution centers of pertinent information. Works with Transportation teams to ensure optimal routing and fleet utilization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Complete daily routing activities in a timely manner.
- Communicates with local DC Customer Service team to ensure that we are meeting customer on-time performance objectives.
- Maintain Transportation Routing Systems: Geo locations, Customer Time windows, unloading performance parameters, new customer additions and deletions.
- Ensure data is accurate and compliant with company polices and applicable regulations.
- Prepare and manage routing of daily orders within the specified parameters for that distribution center.
- Communicate with local DC Transportation team to ensure routing is attainable and meets intended objectives.
- Continually improves the routing process to reduce miles and improve customer estimated times of arrival and optimize asset and driver utilization.
- Other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or Supply Chain preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience as a router in the transportation and trucking industry.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to resolve complex situations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong understanding of geography and logistics.
- Knowledge of routing software is a plus.
- Office environment
- Up to 15% travel.