Your Work Makes a Difference
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Everything we do contributes to this mission, including team member events, professional development resources, community outreach opportunities and solid benefit offerings. Helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own advances the ACT mission on a daily basis.
You will be joining a high performing team dedicated to supporting the organization using an agile approach with a focus on partnering with leaders and team members.
We are seeking an Organizational Effectiveness & Inclusion Program Director or Senior Program Manager to help us fulfill that mission.
Work location: Flexibility to work onsite at ACT Headquarters in Iowa City, Iowa either full-time or hybrid basis or work remote from anywhere in the US
The Organizational Effectiveness & Inclusion position is responsible for the design, implementation and measurement of OE and DEI programs. This position will work closely within the Talent Strategy team and collaborate with leaders and team members from across the organization to connect team member programs to business goals, continuously improve OE & DEI processes and programs, and realize program efficacy.
What you will be working on:
- Manage and measure our core values and employee value proposition to ensure they reflect the desired culture and team member experience as well as ensure they are included in all talent programs with an emphasis on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Creates, manages, measures and improves internal Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging strategies, programs, and practices in partnership with our Center for Equity in Learning, senior leadership, and Talent Strategy team members
- Leads our team member engagement and pulse survey strategy, implementation and follow up actions
- Creates, manages, measures and improves organizational effectiveness programs and practices including team effectiveness, change management, and culture transformation
- Utilizes talent analytics and consulting to support the business in talent related decision making
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- OE experience and working knowledge of diversity issues with a clear understanding of the importance of an inclusive and diverse environment
- Active involvement in the DE&I field
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of organizational development and change management
- Collaboration – work effectively with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Inclusion – actively seeks and engages with diverse perspectives and invites a sense of belonging
- Communication – ability to communicate effectively across all levels in the organization; must possess exceptional written and verbal capabilities
- Decision making – acts decisively with sound judgement; uses data to analyze options and form opinions
- Information literacy – uses subject matter knowledge and skills to effectively acquire and apply information
- Optimization – ability to apply continuous improvement to existing processes and programs
- Innovation – develops ideas that are new, better, or unique; embraces and promotes diverse perspectives
- Change management – ability to manage change and navigate positively in an environment experiencing change at a fast pace
- Initiative – uses self-starter approach, ability to multi-task, proactively anticipates and acts on information and details needed, completes tasks with little to no direction
- Self-development – remains current in area of expertise, seeks opportunities to expand and grow skills
- Accountability – takes responsibility and follows through on commitments; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; recognizes the impact of one’s behavior
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, human resources, business, or related disciplines, or equivalent experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
It’s a plus if you have:
- Master’s Degree in Behavioral Science, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Behavioral Economics, People Analytics
The level at which this position will be filled is determined by the qualifications of the finalist.
Senior Program Manager level requires at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience as outlined above.
Program Director level requires at least 7 years of progressively responsible experience as outlined above.
When ACT was founded in 1959, it disrupted the assessment industry with a new approach to helping students better understand their readiness so they could take steps to improve it. By leveraging our expertise and authority in assessment and research, we will again disrupt the industry—helping more people learn, better measure their progress, and improve their navigation through life’s transitions.
More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. We’re doing it by pushing the boundaries of learning innovation through the work of our people, who we call team members because we’re all in this together.
We know transformation does not come without challenge. That’s why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACT values diversity in people and ideas and participates in E-verify. ACT’s online position announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions of employment opportunities; none of the information provided for any position should be interpreted as a commitment by ACT to specific terms and conditions for employment.