Role: Optimization Support Engineer
Reports to: Optimization Support Manager
Gurobi Optimization produces the most advanced and well-known commercial solver software in the world. The Gurobi Optimizer is the engine used by over 2,500 clients in over 40 industries to turn data into smarter decisions. It allows our users to state their toughest business problems as mathematical models and then automatically considers billions or even trillions of possible solutions to find the best one. One of our clients, the NFL, maximizes league revenue by solving one of the world’s most complex scheduling problems – one with 800 trillion possible solutions. Other clients include, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Siemens, SAP – to name a few. The size of the organization has tripled in three years.
Our team is made up of sharp minds who are singularly focused on building, marketing and supporting the most powerful optimization tool worldwide. We’re privately held and founded by three well-known experts in mathematical programming with an intriguing history. We love what data can do and so should you. Our cutting edge, proven artificial intelligence technology uses the most advanced implementations of the latest algorithms maintaining our position as an innovation leader. We are on an upward trajectory with steady and profitable growth between 20%-40% year over year proudly expanding our team across 10 different countries, all working remotely.
Are you passionate about optimization?
Do your friends and family come to you for help with computers?
Join Gurobi as an Optimization Support Engineer!
At Gurobi, we are proud of being the leader in software and support for mathematical optimization. Thanks to our growth, we are looking for an additional Optimization Support Engineer. You will work with customers across the globe who use mathematical programming in virtually every industry: transportation, electric power, mining, manufacturing, defense, communications and much more. You will be a key part of making Gurobi customers successful with optimization.
- Respond to technical support questions via email and phone
- Be available for urgent requests during business hours in the US or Europe
- Help customers with software questions like APIs and product installation
- Conduct performance tuning for customer models
- Write technical articles for the Gurobi website
- Present new product features and capabilities at technical conferences, and interact with product users at such events
- Must be highly driven with a proven track record of account management success
- Ph.D. in Operations Research, Computer Science, or similar discipline
- Computational experience in linear programming and mixed-integer programming
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Software development in an object-oriented programming language
- Basic system administration skills
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to email@example.com and refer to the position of Optimization Support Engineer.
We are committed to an inclusive and a diverse Gurobi. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspective and are an equal opportunity employer.