View job on Handshake
About Cantor Fitzgerald:
Cantor Fitzgerald is a leading global financial services firm, serving clients from over 30 offices around the world. Founded in 1945 as a securities brokerage and investment bank, the firm pioneered computer-based bond trading, built one of the broadest distribution networks in the industry and became the market’s premier dealer of government securities.
Today, Cantor Fitzgerald is known for its strength across a diverse array of businesses, including equity and fixed income capital markets, investment banking, commercial real estate finance and services, prime brokerage, asset management and wealth management, and e-commerce and online ventures. In all its businesses, the firm is an acknowledged leader in developing advanced technologies to expand market access, and help clients achieve their most important financial and strategic objectives. This commitment to client-centered innovation has led to enduring relationships with many of the world’s most demanding institutional investors and corporations.
For more information please visit www.cantor.com.
About this role:
The Margin Analyst reports to Manager of the CF Secured Margin team. Works in Margin Department for CF Secured. Our goal is to support the business with Margin functionality, call issuance and collection, and fulfill daily, weekly, and quarterly tasks.
In this role, you will develop relationships with operational teams and our clients. You’ll be trained to become knowledgeable on the regulatory rules and policies that govern our clients’ activities, and the steps we perform in Margin to help our firm, clients and investors remain compliant.
The Margin Analyst:
- Monitors the daily activities of cash and margin accounts to ensure compliance with the regulations of the Federal Reserve Board (Regulation-T), FINRA, and Cantor Fitzgerald’s own internal credit policies.
- Analyzes accounts with credit and risk issues associated with risky trading strategies.
- Issues maintenance calls on accounts that fall below minimum margin requirements + files extensions with FINRA on open trades as needed
- Reviews and approves client requests for payments, transfer of assets within Morgan Stanley Wealth Management and transfer of assets to other financial organizations.
- Responds to inquiries related to, but not limited to, cash available, buying power, option calculations, margin day trading, trade through violations and disbursement approvals
- Reviews and maintains the accuracy of customer margin account records of securities purchased creating REG-T, House and FINRA calls.
- Ensures that all customer accounts with outstanding regulatory exceptions are brought into compliance regarding retention house requirements, FINRA 4210, and Regulation-T.
- Prepares Margin presentations and reports for management
- Works on ad-hoc projects within the department
We are looking for a candidate with a Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics (equivalent or higher). Interest or experience in financial services or brokerage back office operations; someone who enjoys collaborating, problem solving, and understands basic accounting principles is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to use appropriate analysis, judgment, and logic when solving problems & making decisions
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with others both verbally and written
- Ability to work under pressure in a client centric environment
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and presentation skills
Ideal Candidate will have knowledge of or interest in:
- Regulation T and FINRA rules
- Equities, Fixed Income Products, and Options
- Exposure to Project Management concepts
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business