About Roche Diagnostics
Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve
people’s lives. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalized healthcare – a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management.
At Roche, we believe the best solutions come by gaining different perspectives, asking and answering hard questions and challenging the status quo to develop small ideas and achieve big wins in innovation. Our success in creating a truly diverse and inclusive workplace will directly impact our ability to deliver on our purpose of “Doing Now What Patients Need Next.”
Facts & Figures:
- Headquartered in Indianapolis, IN with over 4000 employees
- #1 market leader for in-vitro diagnostics
- In 2020, Roche Indy employees donated over $500,000 and tracked nearly 7,500 volunteer hours
- The site is home to nine Diversity & Inclusion Business Resource Groups
This internship position is located in Indianapolis, IN Below is a description of some of the projects an intern may expect during the course of their internship.
Key Responsibilities and Supply Chain Engineering Projects:
- Leads or participates in successful completion of process improvement initiatives. Manages or supports completion of required deliverables to ensure objectives, timelines and budget requirements are achieved.
- Utilizes engineering expertise to interact with and support cross-functional teams in identification of improvement ideas. Gathers and analyzes data to investigate and troubleshoot issues. Formulates identified opportunities into actionable project concepts and plans.
- Serves as a resource for utilization and implementation of tools and methodologies that reduce costs, improve process efficiency, and accuracy.
- Creates new equipment validation and testing documentation.
- Performs new equipment testing and documents results
- Assists other departments in implementing projects from concept to completion
Who are you:
- Targeting undergraduate interns majoring in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Desire GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Desire previous work experience.
- Student organization and/or study abroad experiences are a plus.
- Complements our culture and the standards that guide our daily behavior & decisions: Integrity, Courage, and Passion.
- Intensive 12-week paid internship.
- Ownership of challenging and impactful business-critical projects.
- Work with some of the most talented people in the biotechnology industry.
- Final presentations of project work to senior leaders.
- Lead or participate in intern committees to design and coordinate program events and initiatives.
- Professional & personal development curriculum throughout the program, including networking opportunities, workshops, and panel discussions.
- Participate in volunteer projects, social events, and team-building activities.
- Paired with a 1:1 mentor through the Roche Young Professionals Business Resource Group.
- Access to on-site fitness and wellness center (subject to change).
- Program start dates in May and June 2023.