Come be a part of something big! Smart Minds, Cool Jobs and Awesome Rewards! Fueled by innovation, talent and ambition, the Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is seeking civilian professionals prepared to deploy war-winning capabilities on behalf of the United States Air Force.
The Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is looking for a Full-Time Operation Research Analyst, GS-1515-11/12 to work at Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) in the Air Force SEEK EAGLE Office (AFSEO) at Eglin AFB in Florida.
In this position you will serve as an operations research analyst or engineer specializing in safe escape analyses with the responsibility of serving as a store certification analyst and performing safety of flight analysis for the Mission Planning and Ballistics team in the Air Force SEEK EAGLE Office.
This position has a typical 2022 salary range of $66,214 – $103,176 (includes locality).
Announcement closes: 14 February 2022
- Recruitment and relocation incentive maybe available for this positon
- This position is Situational Telework Eligible (must reside in the local area)
– U.S. Citizenship
– Obtain & maintain Secret Security clearance
– Education requirements Degree: in operations research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
– One year related post graduate experience or related Masters degree
– Possess or able to obtain Engineering Level II DAWIA Certification
– Mathematical or engineering skills to apply to the specialized areas of weapon ballistics, aircraft safety of flight analysis and mission planning.
– Knowledge of weapon systems characteristics and capabilities and aircraft performance profiles.
– Experience in the fields of weapon ballistics and aircraft flight as required for mission planning and aircraft stores certification
Click the apply button to complete an application and upload resume (PDF or Word Doc) and/or additional documents (Transcripts, certifications, Vet Docs (DD214), SF-50).
Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. citizenship required. Must be of legal working age.