About the Position
Atlas Corps seeks an Operations Manager with 3+ years of experience who brings a keen attention to detail. The Operations Manager will support the organizational operations and ensure we continue to run as an efficient and compliant organization that is also a great place to work. The Operations Manager needs to understand all of our core systems while being able to communicate clearly and effectively. This position reports to the Chief Strategy Officer. We invite you to continue reading to learn more about Atlas Corps and the core roles and responsibilities.
About Atlas Corps
Who You Are
- A highly-organized and proactive problem solver with keen judgment a strong ability to prioritize across multiple tasks and areas of responsibility
- Motivated to utilize your administrative or project management skills in a mission-driven environment
- Excited to support and be a part of a dynamic team with diverse and varied backgrounds
- A clear and transparent communicator skilled at building strong relationships with colleagues
Roles and Responsibilities
Human Resources and Compliance
- Handles the hires and on-boarding process for new staff including IT and workstation set-up.
- Guides HR processes including employee benefits enrollment and job postings.
- Manages annual employee benefits and organizational insurance renewals and payroll audits.
- Supports development and monitoring of Operations budgets.
- Collaborates closely with the Finance Team on ongoing budget tracking as well as supporting the annual organizational audit process in collaboration with the Finance Team.
- Manage all record keeping and ensure Atlas Corps maintains all legal requirements for document retention and other certifications.
- Manages the maintenance and functionality of the office space even while we continue to work in a primarily remote office environment.
- Maintains office space, equipment, supplies, and liaison with building contacts and primary lessee.
- Interfaces, tracks, and manages relationships with multiple vendors that provide services to Atlas Corps.
- Manages office access (keys distribution) and assists with and provides training on the use of office equipment.
- Monitor mail and package deliveries.
- Administer internal communication systems, organization insurance policies, and org-wide subscription services & software in collaboration with departments (i.e. Adobe, Amazon Prime, Microsoft 365)
- Assists all departments in the processing of financial transactions and vendor support.
- Assists the Development Department in the preparation of grant oversight and reports.
- Assists the Partnerships Department in the finalization and tracking of Host Agreements.
- Assists the Executive Team in administrative activities (such as timesheet and credit card reconciliations) and for logistical support for on-site meetings, including meetings of the Board of Directors.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
3 or more years of administrative work experience as an Executive Assistant, Office Assistant and Office Manager preferred, National or international service experience, including AmeriCorps and the Peace Corps, is highly desirable
Experience working with online cloud applications and software
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel) and Quickbooks
- Proficiency in Google applications
- Desire to grow and excel in organizational management functions.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to comfortably liaise and work with diverse array of people from across the globe, as well as an ability to work with different working styles
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong commitment to that Atlas Corps mission
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
Responsibilities of All Team Members
- Commit to team goals and support the work of colleagues beyond the responsibilities described here. This may include attending events outside of business hours, supporting the Fellow screening process by conducting interviews and reviewing applications; preparing new Fellow housing; and greeting Fellows at the airport.
- Maintain all physical and digital files in a uniform way, and in alignment with any internal and/or external requirements.
- Support Atlas Corps fundraising initiatives by sharing opportunities to contribute to our mission through social media and other channels.
- Seek out opportunities to improve and expand the work of Atlas Corps.
- Seek out opportunities to develop new skills and knowledge, and grow professionally.
- Contribute to an innovative, high-performing, team culture by engaging in behaviors like: sharing ideas; being open to the ideas of others; accepting and offering feedback; and supporting and treating your colleagues with respect.
- Advance our organizational values, which include diversity and inclusion and our stated goal of advancing racial justice in the world. (bit.ly/AtlasCorpsValues)
Statement of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Acceptance
Atlas Corps seeks candidates for this role who contribute to a variety of backgrounds and experiences within the organization. The ideal candidate will increase our ability to connect and develop strong working relationships with the diverse community of Fellows and the staff who report up to this position. We actively seek a diverse pool of applicants from or who have worked closely with historically underrepresented groups, including but not limited to people with disabilities, people of color, LGBTQ people, first- or second-generation immigrants, people of faith-based or religious communities, and all socioeconomic backgrounds. When applying, please include information about your unique background. Tell us your story, and we invite you to come as you are.
Salary and Benefits
Our current team members value the fun and hard-working culture at Atlas Corps. The top reasons why they love their jobs include the focus on professional development, the opportunity to have a voice in decision-making at every level, and working alongside committed high-performing colleagues.
The full benefits package includes a flexible work schedule and generous, paid vacation and sick leave; employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance; and pre-tax transportation options. Additionally, Atlas Corps invests in staff professional development to prepare team members for increased responsibility over time. The salary for this position will be based on the skills, experience and education of the selected candidate and range from $45,000-55,000. Performance is rewarded at Atlas Corps. Salaries increase quickly with achievement, tenure and increased responsibility.
Currently, all Atlas Corps staff members have the option to work from home or work from our Washington, D.C. office, and our office policy may evolve in the future. As this position does involve oversight of our DC-based operations, including office management, there is a preference for access to Washington, DC.
Note that as of March 5, 2022, our review process has started. We encourage interesting individuals to apply as soon as possible.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Atlas Corps is dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in every facet of employment. We will always strive to choose the best-qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications, regardless of race, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship status, handicap, religion, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, or matriculation.