We are looking for a diverse team of experienced Operations Managers with specialty backgrounds in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, and People Management to lead our incredible on-site RWS Fun Crew teams. In this role, you will manage crew members as they create memorable interactions that raise the Guest experience – across departments such as Attractions, Retail, and Food & Beverage at some of America’s best Theme Parks, Zoos and Entertainment destinations.
At RWS Fun Crew, participants are part of an exciting and inspiring team of surprise makers and fun creators – whose passion, energy, and commitment to creating memorable interactions help raise the experience for Guests.
This role is far from one-dimensional and will undertake a wide range of management tasks on a day-to-day basis from managing the operation, to payroll, budget management, real-time conflict resolution, and client relationship management. The goal is to ensure the operation of Fun Crew runs smoothly and effectively, to deliver an incredible experience for our participants and maximum value to RWS and our clients.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead Crew members by inspiring them to deliver positive and fun moments that raise the guest’s experience
- Partner with the RWS Leadership team to ensure that all operational and creative elements are in place
- Provide support to RWS Fun Crew participants by completing all payroll associated requirements, including any attendance resolution
- Provide support to Crew members in various HR-related topics such as scheduling, travel, housing, conflict resolution, and compensation issues that may arise
- Manage Crew performance and growth through ongoing training and coaching opportunities, including onboarding, and performance reviews
- Clearly and effectively communicate existing and new policies and procedures to all on-site Crew
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, and assisting with team building activities
- Act as an on-site liaison between RWS Leadership and the client
- Consistently lead by example to always serve as a role model to our team
- Embrace the RWS commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, and seek out opportunities to enhance the employment experience of our Crew members
- Other duties as assigned
Contract Timeline: NYC – April 17 – May 15
Hersheypark – May 15 – September 7
Salary: $780 per week
Housing: Single occupancy housing is provided per contract guidelines.
- Minimum of 2 years driving dynamic and high-performing teams at a manager level in the hospitality, theme park/attraction, or entertainment industry as an Operations Manager, Company Manager, Entertainment Manager, Stage Manager, or similar role
- Experience in Human Resources
- Understanding of financial management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and Dropbox
- Willingness to learn payroll and scheduling software
- Aptitude in problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach
- HR specialist with a deep understanding and application of HR policies, processes and practices.