View job on Handshake
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP USA has an immediate opening for an Operations Manager to support the company’s growing Sustainability, Energy and Climate Change offering.
Location of the position is flexible: Boulder, CO, Boston, MA, Arlington, VA, Chicago, IL, Portland, OR, New York, NY, San Diego or San Francisco, CA.
Be involved in projects with our Sustainability, Energy, and Climate Change Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
The individual will be responsible for supporting the centralized operational functions of a rapidly growing national sustainability and resilience consulting practice. The ideal candidate will be exceptionally organized, embody strong communication skills, have experience with change and operational management, and have the flexibility and capacity to work on a wide variety of initiatives with cross-functional and matrixed teams. The incumbent will have experience and high aptitude with the use of spreadsheets and project management, controls and reporting applications.
Candidates should be passionate about sustainability and resilience, self-motivated and self-directed, collaborative, and able to proactively identify and implement internal process improvement measures. The individual will report to the Operations Lead for the business line and coordinate with leads for specific initiatives.
Operations Process Management:
- Identify, develop business cases for, and execute operational and process improvements to support a growing team
- Interface with leadership team to execute operational requirements to support organizational vision and growth
- Facilitate centralized management of team workloads
- Support proposal development and marketing teams
- Facilitate project contracting
- Work with leadership and the recruiting team to develop and update staffing plan and strategy
- Support inclusion and diversity hiring initiatives
- Partner with recruiting team to manage recruitment processes, including developing job descriptions, managing job postings, screening resume submissions, and assisting with interview logistics
- Provide onboarding logistics and support for new staff
General Coordination and Logistics:
- Serve as a central point of contact for staff questions and support related to team operations
- Organize and maintain operational management and technical resources
- Coordinate logistics for team attendance at conferences, seminars, etc.
- Provide logistics support for team-wide meetings and trainings, updates, and other internal communications
- Conduct periodic trainings for staff on team processes and resources
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Management, Business Administration, Environmental Sustainability or related discipline OR demonstrated proven equivalent experience with Bachelor’s Degree in progress
- 5-7 years of related professional experience
- Experience in a strategic, administrative, operational and/or business consulting is required
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, confidence, and integrity
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively via Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, MS Teams, SharePoint and related software
- Demonstrated expertise with organizational change and internal change management
- Experience managing simultaneous projects and collaborating with program staff to prioritize efforts
- Experience and high aptitude with Enterprise Resource Planning software (e.g., Oracle), spreadsheets and project management, controls and reporting applications.
- Ability to engage and organize various stakeholders to improve operational processes
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Ability to collaborate remotely across geographies and platforms
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment
6-12 years of related professional experience
Compensation and Benefits: WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary: $84,400 – $111,900
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Travel Required: 10%
Job Status: Regular
Employee Type: Full
Primary Location: BOULDER – PEARL EAST CIR
All locations: US-CA-San Diego, US-CA-San Francisco, US-CO-Boulder, US-CO-Denver, US-IL-Chicago, US-MA-Boston, US-NY-New York, US-OR-Portland, US-VA-Arlington
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.