Job Description – Operations Manager
The Operations Manager is a crucial position at New Beginnings Counseling Center requiring an individual who has the ability to run a mid-sized non-profit’s administrative operations and activities with minimal direction or training, i.e., appropriate candidate has prior administrative experience running an office. The position is salaried 40-hour-per-week full-time benefited position. Salary range is $58,240 – $62,400 DOE, exempt. Some evening and/or weekend hours necessary to assist with agency events and occasional community outreach events. Candidate must be willing to make at least a one-year commitment.
The Operations Manager Will:
- Maintain office services by managing office operations and procedures
- Internally audit office and financial procedures to look for ways to increase efficiency
- Prepare payroll
- Prepare and manage all AP/AR
- Prepare government grant reporting with detailed back-up documentation
- Maintain filing systems
- Maintain health, general liability and other insurance requirements for multiple contracts and employees
- Record and organize daily cash receipts for high-volume counseling clinic
- Record and track financial aspects of donations, grants and contracts via Excel and multiple government databases
- Provide administrative support for Executive Director
- Manage human resource files and employee paperwork and assist with personnel management
- Conduct new-hire orientation and train new volunteers and staff on office procedures
- Utilize QuickBooks to report on budget and program expenses, P&L and other financial reports
- Operate and maintain phone management system
- Help to manage regulatory compliance and external audits
- Work with agency accountants to reconcile books and prepare financial statements, audit materials, etc.
- Contribute to agency team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and very detail-oriented; is a self-starter, has initiative and is self-directed enough to complete tasks with minimal direction and oversight; uses independent judgment to produce a quality work product within tight time and budget constraints; has high professional standards, and communicates with diplomacy and tact; has excellent computer skills, including strong competency with Quickbooks and Microsoft Office Suite; has excellent written and verbal communication skills; is a team player who enjoys working collaboratively but who can also work independently; and is able to juggle a variety of tasks, clearly defining priorities, and managing time efficiently.
This is a fast-paced job with a lot of responsibility. We have a very nurturing and collegial working environment with a sharp group of hard-working individuals. We are looking for an exceptional employee with good humor, flexibility, and integrity. Attention to detail is key, as is the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and track and meet regularly occurring deadlines. Exceptional references and a demonstrated ability to perform job functions are required. A background check will be conducted. Position begins ASAP. This is not a remote position.
Send resume, and a list of three professional references to email@example.com. If we feel you are a good match for the position, you will be contacted to schedule an interview as soon as possible.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; ancestry; national origin; religion/creed; sex/sexual orientation; gender; gender identity/expression, transition; political affiliation or beliefs; disability, medical condition, generic information, marital status; military/veteran status; pregnancy and conditions related thereto.; or any other characteristic protected by law (as defined by the California Fair Employment and Housing Act — Government Code Section 12900-12996), except where such discrimination is based on a bona fide occupational qualification.