The Perdue Plant/Operations Management Trainee (OMT) program provides college graduates relevant experience to acquire management skills (leadership, team building, interpersonal), technical skills (production management controls, operational processes, and metrics) as well as contribute to the organization through projects to improve production, reduce waste, or the like.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The 12-month rotational program gives you exposure to various roles within the facilities you are assigned. Learn about the various areas of Operations within the industry. Travel with your OMT Class to 3 Regional Trainings that includes classroom training, social activities and philanthropy events. Hands-on leadership training and a path to a successful career with Perdue! Permanent placement in a full-time position at the end of the program.
Competitive Starting Salary, with six (6) and twelve (12) month salary increase.
Excellent Sign-On Bonus
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Student Loan Repayment Program
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Functions as a salaried member of the management team.
2. Acquires knowledge to include administrative functions, manpower reports, disciplinary procedures, budget, production processes, and requirements while contributing ideas and recommendations for continuous improvement.
3. Develops an understanding of the team process using the criteria: establishing common mission/goals of all team members; providing clear role definition of team members; encouraging shared accountabilities; implementing effective team procedures and processes, giving and receiving feedback, problem-solving, decision making, employing coaching and effective communications; ensuring team “spirit”; and providing recognition for team accomplishments.
4. Implements the policies of the Quality Improvement Process with the team/department.
5. Monitors the performance of the team to ensure goals are attained and graphs results for display and presentation at briefings and/or meetings.
6. Develops self-awareness and consistently applies best practices in communications, emotional intelligence, integrity, and exhibits other Perdue values.
7. Rotates through various functions in fresh or cook plants which may include the Hatchery, Feed Mill, Live Production, Live Haul, Wastewater, Accounting, Human Resources, Receiving, Dressing, Evisceration, Giblet Packing, Grading, Cut Up, Stretch Bag, Deboning, 28 Degree Cooler, Box Room, Weight/Price/Label and Shipping departments.
8. Completes projects related to cost-reduction or improved performance.
Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university must be completed prior to beginning their 12-month program in June 2022.
0-3 years. Must be a college graduate.