Are you ambitious? Do you see yourself as an Operations Leader or Plant Manager? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a fast learner and problem-solver? If you love challenges and have a passion for leadership, consider applying for our Operations Leader position.
This position will expose you to opportunities in: Process Cheese, Cream Cheese, Natural cheese and Yogurt manufacturing principals. Additionally, our Operations Leaders will have leadership courses administered through the program.
An Operations Leader must thrive in a challenging and dynamic manufacturing environment while gaining valuable leadership experience throughout the process. Shift leadership, Plant Leadership and Functional Business Unit Experience (Quality, HR, Maintenance, Finance, Engineering) are areas that will be covered through this program. This partner will gain leadership skills across different teams and product categories which will be critical to future leadership positions within the organization.
What you’ll do:
The Operations Leadership Trainee position has three main areas of focus: Leadership, Plant Operations, and Regulatory/Customer compliance.
- Train, coach, evaluate and reinforce Process Excellence principles with partners.
- Work with the team to make sure that daily production is organized to maximize efficiencies, making necessary adjustments as conditions change.
- Administer various company, plant or department processes in certification programs, pay systems, assessment/feedback processes, etc.
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups.
- Must encourage teamwork and compliance with plant policies and procedures.
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices and good housekeeping guidelines.
- Must follow safety guidelines, wear designated Personal Protective Equipment, and meet OSHA safety requirements.
- Ensure partner accountability and provide daily communication of essential information.
- Lead team efforts in meeting or exceeding goals in productivity, raw material usage and safety.
- Through the use of problem solving methods, CAT’s, and other quality tools identify and make process improvements.
- Work with leadership in identifying potential capital improvements assisting with analysis and justification.
- Plan production operations, establish priorities and monitor progress to meet customer needs.
- Resolve operational, manufacturing, mechanical/maintenance opportunities to maximize our efficiencies at the lowest cost.
- Monitor training activities and ensure proper training paperwork is completed.
- Assist with staffing to ensure decisions to the production schedule meet customer requirements.
- Work with leadership in identifying and communicating customer requirements.
- Be knowledgeable of various government regulations that must be complied with, i.e., OSHA, USDA, FDA, EPA, EEOC, OFCCP, etc.
- Make decisions related to HACCP, product quality, HOLD & RELEASE, etc.
- Assist with weekly team meetings.
- Assist with regulatory, customer, and internal audits.
- Perform all process related to: CPs, CCPs, QPs, and CQPs checks required for the position. Follow reaction plans for Food Safety, Food Quality and customer requirement deviations.
- Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor processes, to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow standard procedures.
What you need to succeed:
- A Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Dairy Science, Agriculture, Food Science, Animal Science, Supply Chain & Operations Management, Business Administration/Management, Industrial Engineering, Quality, Biology or related field
- Must have willingness and desire to relocate now and for future opportunities to any of our U.S. production facilities. Locations include: Arizona (Tempe), Michigan (Grand Rapids), Missouri (Carthage, Clinton, Monett, Mt. Vernon), Pennsylvania (Shippensburg), Texas (Stephenville), Utah (Logan, Smithfield), Wisconsin (Green Bay, Richland Center, West Bend). Note: During the screening process, candidates will be asked for their location preference but it is not guaranteed. If a candidate is local to one of our facilities, they will not be placed locally.
- Proven leadership experience in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities
- Proficient PC skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of leaders, clients, customers, partners and others
- Gain and maintain an understanding of all equipment and computer systems
- Willing to manage multiple priorities
- Deductive Logic
- Goal Oriented
- Ability to form solid working relationships
- Ability to interact well with people from diverse backgrounds and be adaptive to different communication styles and personalities
- Enthusiasm and passion for the work he/she performs
- Process improvement mindset
Qualifying Positions Offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program