Applicants applying to this position must be:
1. A graduate with a Bachelors of Science degree in a technical field or engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Systems/Manufacturing Engineering
2. Proven leadership skills and experience
3. Ability to commute to the plant location (Burbank, CA).
4. Eligible to meet plant EAR/ITAR Compliance requirements (see below)
Recently, the company has been increasing its process sophistication, transitioning from build-to-print to design-to-spec and transitioning from batch manufacturing to flow line production. SSP holds a dominant position in the design of ducting systems. Drawing on years of design experience, SSP-developed analysis, the latest in computer-aided design programs, and finite-element analysis, SSP’s engineering team leads the way with innovative solutions for aerospace system designs. Analytical capability includes: load and motion, cycle life, pressure and thermal performance, flow and pressure drop, and heat transfer. Paramount to maintaining its competitive edge, SSP engineering directs design-to-cost initiatives, develops efficient manufacturing processes, and advances ducting system technologies in support of evolving airframe and engine performance criteria.
Complex systems that Senior Aerospace SSP has excelled in designing and manufacturing are:
§ APU Ducting System
§ ECS Ducting System
§ Engine Build-up Ducting System
§ Fuel and Oxidizer Ducting System
§ Bleed Air System
§ Wing Anti-Ice System
§ Nacelle Anti-Ice System
§ Tail Anti-Ice System
We are seeking future Operation Leaders to join our innovative and fast-growing company.
§ Are you seeking a career in Operations?
§ Do you thrive in fast-paced environments?
§ Would you value an opportunity to join a company who will focus on your career growth and design development plan to support that growth?
§ Do you want to be a leader in a one of the largest and most dominate business in Senior Aerospace?
If so, SSP is the place for you to build your career.
SSP’s Operations Leadership Development Program (OLDP) is a two-year rotational program designed to develop Senior’s future business leaders. OLDP members will be mentored through key areas of Operations designed to challenge and force members to quickly learn the critical aspects of SSP’s business. The program is a hands-on experience which will challenge each member to identify manufacturing challenges and apply Lean Manufacturing concepts to react to those challenges. SSP’s two-year rotational program consists of the following rotations:
§ One Year Rotation – Manufacturing – Assembly Role
§ Six-Month Rotation – Operational Excellence and/or Engineering Role
§ Six-Month Rotation – Manufacturing. – Fabrication and/or Back-End Processes Role
SSP is seeking qualified ambitious graduates who seek an opportunity to accelerate their career growth as they grow in leadership roles with Senior Aerospace. The program will provide members needed exposure to learn while performing in critical roles while supporting the growth of SSP. At the end of the two years, members will be able to apply for key leadership positions within SSP and the rest of Senior’s 33 locations.
§ TRAINING – Leadership and Lean Manufacturing Training.
§ CAREER GROWTH – Exposure to multiple operational roles within SSP & the rest of Senior.
§ MENTORSHIP – Guidance from SSP Leadership.
The ideal candidate will have the following education, work history, knowledge and skills:
§ Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering field, preferably Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Systems/Manufacturing Engineering
§ A minimum of a 3.0 or higher
§ Previous internship/work experience in manufacturing
§ A strong record of accomplishments with demonstrated leadership experiences
§ Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
§ Ability to effectively communicate ideas and build relationships
PERSONALITY AND CHARACTER:
The ideal candidate will have most of the following traits:
§ Highly motivated self-starter
§ Open and honest communicator
§ Desire to achieve through engaging an entire team
§ Leads by example
§ Team player
§ Personally accountable and willing to hold others accountable in an objective, straight-forward manner
§ Willing to confront and resolve conflicts
§ Logical, organized, and detail oriented with the ability to see big picture
§ Mentor style that promotes success of the team
· Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/ or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents, U.S. refugees, asylees or temporary residents under amnesty provisions [as defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)] and properly licensed foreign persons. Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability for export control purposes. Additionally, potential employee’s names will be screened against the Consolidated Screening List (maintained by the United States government) to determine eligibility to receive technical data.