View job on Handshake
At Pacific Seafood, we do more than just provide the world with the healthiest proteins on the planet. We cultivate a work environment that listens to our team members, nurtures potential, embraces diversity, and values innovative thinking. As a leader in the seafood industry, we know that the key to our success is based on the commitment to excellence displayed by each of our team members.
Responsible for working with the Operations Manager and supervisors to learn current operations flow in the warehouse and identify opportunities for process improvement. The team is looking for improving efficiencies in all aspects of the operations and create best practices.
· Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
· Assist plant managers with coordinating freight lanes for fresh orders and improve truck utilization.
· Work with production team to understand product flow and warehouse procedures.
· Learn and use current voice pick software to pick and stage products based on orders.
· Time study analysis on Both VA and fillet production lines.
· Identifying key areas for time/cost reduction, including equipment and process flow.
· Equipment improvement analysis.
· Observe current operational systems and gather data about issues so the information can be analyzed.
· Work independently with minimal supervision once assignments or responsibilities are outlines and delegated.
· Determine all alternative courses of action to specific issues and analyze the pros and cons of each possible solution so that the best decision can be reached.
· Identify improvement to current processes.
· Collaborate with team and management to recommend and implement process changes.
· Prepare project overview and present findings to executive leadership.
· Perform other duties, as assigned.
What You Bring to Pacific Seafood:
· Pursuit of an Industrial Engineering or related undergraduate/graduate degree.
· Extensive coursework in Industrial Engineering, LEAN Manufacturing, Operations Management or relevant subjects.
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
· Prior work experience in related field and a professional office environment.
· Demonstrated experience in process improvement and methodologies (i.e. LEAN, Kaizen, Six Sigma).
· Targeted graduation date of June 2023 or earlier.