View job on Handshake
Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world’s most advanced networks, we’re building something equally as important: careers for forward-thinking college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing meaningful projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on-the-job training, and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
How You’ll Help Us Connect the World
As an Operations Intern, you will be responsible for analyzing material inventory across our Inside Plant Fiber (ISPF) Business. You will work closely with Demand Planning, Material’s Planning at the manufacturing plants and Global Operations. This role will be based in El Paso, Texas or Santa Teresa, New Mexico.
You Will Make an Impact By
- Reviewing safety stock positioning at our manufacturing plants, ensuring alignment to quarterly demand profile
- Analyzing current inventory and providing guidance to E&O, safety stock reductions, increases and following up with scrap dispositions
- Creating a tool in Power BI to analyze inventory
- Meeting with partners including demand planning, material’s planning and global ops to ensure inventory reduction targets and goals are tracked weekly
- Finding opportunities to make our total turns higher
- Finding opportunities to improve HVLM MID identification
- Providing weekly readouts to management
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Junior or Senior standing in a BS, BA or master’s degree in manufacturing engineering, logistics, supply chain management or similar field from an accredited university
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- Willingness to travel to plants in northern Mexico
You Will Excite Us If You
- Bring a consultative, creative and process driven approach to your work
- Enjoy working together with global teams in a different time zone and varying cultures
- Have problem-solving skills that enable you to effectively and creatively find solutions for hard problems while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Are bilingual in Spanish
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Show innovation through unique ideas and propose them to the team
What Happens After You Apply
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hire.
CommScope is on a quest to deliver the connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables groundbreaking discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside forward-thinking, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what’s next…come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also learn more about CommScope’s accommodation process and EEO policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo