Summary of Responsibilities:
The Operations Intern will support the Operations Team in daily activities related to managing the operational execution of a large Financial Services institution. Interns could support areas within operations that include Business Controls, Quality Management, Vendor Management, Risk & Control Testing, Support, and Customer Experience.
This 2023 Summer Internship is for undergraduate students who have an anticipated graduation date between December 2023 and May 2024.
The application deadline for this position is November 27, 2022.
- Support daily activities/operations in relation to fraud, dealer quality, dealer operations, vendor management, first line risk management, controls testing, or customer experience.
- Assist with governance/oversight, systems strategy, monitoring and reporting, customer correction and remediation
- Work to solve real world problems and deliver measurable results
- Help with ideas to improve current practices and improve efficiency
- Special projects as identified and requested by the department
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Create an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion where all perspectives are valued and all people are welcomed.
- Currently an undergraduate student enrolled at a college or university
- Expected to graduate between December 2023 – May 2024
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0+
- Enthusiasm to participate in all intern activities throughout the summer
- Be a self-motivated and flexible team player
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in an environment that supports employees from all backgrounds and fosters an environment of inclusion
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities maybe required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.