The Operations internship opportunity will participate in projects related to continuous improvement initiatives for our distribution facility in Evansville, Indiana. S/he will collaborate with business unit owners to re-design Key Performance Indicator dashboards and setting standard work.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Define and report on key performance indicators around warehousing and distribution.
- Creation of sustainable and meaningful dashboards
- Aid in the creation of standardized work including but not limited to daily preventative maintenance, and standardize packaging
- Support the creation and finalization of work instructions.
- Analyze production standards to quantify appropriate data collection for hourly count sheets.
- Gather data in form of video, current records, change-over time, cycle time analysis, etc. to support optimal decision-making
Knowledge Skills Required:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical, reasoning, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work across teams and manage priorities to accomplish multiple tasks
- Passion for sports required, with passion/interest/knowledge for golf strongly preferred
- Analytical, reasoning, and decision-making skills
- Experience with data analytics and/or dashboard creation
Undergraduate, completed junior or senior year of Bachelor’s Degree in Operations or Data Analytics