View job on Handshake
The Operations (Ops) Coordinator will hold a dynamic role, owning the legal, licensing, publishing, and archiving of all of our quality content across Pushkin’s podcast production departments. The Ops Coordinator will work alongside 1-2 production departments to support the creation of all shows within their department. This role will work alongside producers, editors, media lawyers, our business and marketing teams, and fellow Ops Coordinators. The role will report to Pushkin’s Associate Director of Operations.
- Legal/Licensing: Monitor legal vetting of each show/episode to ensure we have the correct clearances, maintaining documentation for support. Handle third-party audio and visual licensing requests and outreach to sources for rates and permissions. Assist Operations Manager with insurance, permits, clearances, and releases for productions.
- Publishing: Manage delivery of audio files and supporting assets to all relevant platforms (Pushkin website, Megaphone, Apple Podcasts Connect, YouTube, etc.). Work closely on our new subscriptions offering, supporting production and engineers with file delivery, and streamlining the operations process along the way.
- Archiving: Facilitate the archival process for all visual, audio, legal and script assets within your assigned department. Maintain consistency within the department archive, formatting file names and organizing folders to be consistent with the overall drive.
SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 1-3 years experience in media required, with digital asset management and media licensing preferred
- Familiarity with platforms such as Megaphone, Apple Podcasts Connect, YouTube
- Strong and precise attention to detail
- Proven project management skills: track record with project management, creating organizational systems, and creating workflows
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Ability to work across geographically distributed teams
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
This is a full-time staff position that will be based in Los Angeles, CA with a hybrid work arrangement. Due to the omicron COVID-19 variant, we are not requiring employees to visit the office, but this may change as we continue to monitor the situation. To ensure safety among ourselves and our communities, we require that all Pushkin employees are fully vaccinated with the FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine and booster shots.
Compensation will comprise a base salary, full benefits (medical, dental, vision), and eligibility for an annual performance bonus. Pushkin employees have two-week a Pushkin-wide holiday break where the entire company closes so that everyone can truly relax and recharge, an additional two weeks of paid vacation, paid holidays, and eligibility for parental leave.