The East Business Unit Distribution Center Operations Co-Op program is a dynamic 6-month, paid, opportunity that affords students a remarkable experience to participate in fast-paced real-world projects designed to further develop strategic project management, analytical problem solving, and managerial leadership skills. Students will be exposed to a variety of functional areas within our brand new highly automated Distribution Center in Alburtis, Pennsylvania. The program will run between January and June of 2022.
This position will interact daily with our NECCO Transformation team as well as the Distribution Center internal departments during diagnostic, planning and implementation stages, while incorporating safety and quality/sanitation standards in a continuous improvement environment. Excellent two-way communication skills are required to support the needs of these departments & teams.
Assignments in this position will emphasize operation and system start up, analysis, process design, change management, project management and project execution. A successful candidate will be a results-oriented team player, have solid interpersonal skills, a hands-on approach and a strong commitment. He/She will be challenged with controlling warehouse costs and downtime, monitoring order fill and accuracy, and communicating with associates.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Daily Operations Support of the assigned areas and shifts (emphasis on Safety/Quality), data analysis, participate in daily meetings and assist/lead the development of action plans to address chronic issues
- Perform data analysis to identify opportunities for cost savings and waste reduction.
- Conduct process studies to discover opportunities for increased operational effectiveness and lead improvement efforts to eliminate chronic losses in the distribution center.
- Prepare statistical analysis of process capability to implement improved controls.
- Aid in design and execution of various projects (systems and floor).
- Facilitate training for the supervisors.
- Supports without hesitation General Plant Safety, Food Defense Initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Must be willing to work various shifts in Operations and overtime as needed.
- Must possess strong leadership, computer, and communication (verbal and written) skills. Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Must be highly motivated and assertive with a strong commitment to success. Self-starter with “Can Do” attitude
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a challenging and highly automated environment.
Education and Work History:
- Currently pursuing or a recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business