View job on Handshake
The Operations Associate is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the COO and Operations Team, including scheduling, correspondence, preparation of presentations for Board Committees, and support of Operations and Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston (BGCB) wide events, as outlined below, as well as supporting the functions of the Operations Team. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, management of BGCB’s in-kind donation program, and support for the BGCB Department Teams, Program Partners, and Alumni Services.
This position is based at our Main Office, 200 High Street Boston, MA and is eligible to apply for a hybrid (in-office and remote) work model. It is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm with flexibility to attend events and meetings as needed.
Our Mission: The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston is to help young people, especially those who need us most, build strong character and realize their full potential as responsible citizens and leaders. We do this by providing: a safe haven filled with hope and opportunity, ongoing relationships with caring adults, and life-enhancing programs.
- Youth First – We keep children and teens at the forefront of every action and decision to elevate members’ voices.
- Integrity – We conduct ourselves with honesty and transparency and strive to do the right thing, every day, and every time.
- Community – We foster an inclusive culture by celebrating diversity and respecting the inherent dignity and worth of everyone.
- Equity – We commit to providing opportunities to create just outcomes that honor the needs, experiences, and values of our community, especially those with marginalized identities.
- Innovation – We apply a forward-thinking approach that encourages teamwork, adaptability, strategy, intention, and creativity to address today’s challenges and build positive futures for all members.
- Administrative management of the day-to-day activities of the COO, including scheduling appointments and managing calendars and administrative support for the Operations Team.
- Prepare written communication, such as reports and agendas/materials for Board Committee meetings.
- Support oversight for BGCB wide events and programs, including BGCB’s annual Teen Recognition Dinner, Career Forum, annual Holiday Gift Program, CyberSummit, Presidents Innovation Fund grant program, and others, as necessary. Collaborate with Development and Club staff where necessary. Maintain budgets for these agency-wide events and submit all related paperwork in a timely manner.
- Work with Club leadership and appropriate staff to coordinate Club attendance at events hosted by community and corporate partners. Coordinate with Development to track and acknowledge opportunities provided by external partners.
- Support oversight of cross-Club department teams, including meetings, retreats, and events, including application process for Department Team Leaders.
- Manage the distribution, tracking and acknowledgement of in-kind donations, such as goods, products, and tickets to local events, in support of Club programs and activities. This includes submitting in-kind transmittal forms for all donations and liaising with donors on behalf of BGCB and staying attuned to the needs of Clubs/programs.
- Supporting alumni council with scheduling meetings and events.
- Supporting the onboarding of teens through partnership programs such as SuccessLink.
- Provide ongoing support with program partner management, tracking, and reporting.
- Liaise with other departments and Clubs, as needed.
- Provide broad support to the Operations team and complete other duties as assigned.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Evaluation – Assessing our impact is critical to our work. All staff is expected to participate in various evaluation efforts throughout each program year, including the annual member survey.
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while collaborating with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One-two years of administrative/office and/or operations support experience.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills, with ability to interact with a variety of audiences, including staff, board members, volunteers, and key individuals at partner organizations.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to query complex database systems, such as, to collect and organize data for research/reporting purposes.
- Willingness and flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends for Operations and/or agency events.
- Valid driver’s license required and ability to commute throughout the Metro-Boston area as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. to assist in transport of donated goods.