Internships at OppFi
At OppFi, interns make a real-world impact, handling projects that require higher-level thinking, collaboration, and leadership. Interns operate as full-time team members and have been responsible for creating systems, tools, and practices that tangibly improve our bottom line and are still used today.
As a participant in our internship program, you’ll be part of a cohort of interns across 13+ departments. In addition to the work you’ll do within your department, you’ll get to know your fellow interns through a variety of collaborative projects and virtual social events.
We provide interns with career development opportunities including regular lunch and learns with leadership team members and a buddy program that pairs each intern with a tenured employee who serves as a friend and mentor. Our full-time employee base boasts a robust population of 20+ former interns, and whenever possible, we aim to extend full-time offers to interns who perform at a high level and achieve their summer goals.
This is a 10-week paid summer internship that will be remote flexible.
The Arrangements team owns the servicing and collections journey for our customers with an active loan. This team optimizes the customer communications strategy for customers, leading with what’s best for the customer’s financial health. Additionally, the Arrangements team works to provide our Customer Advocates with the tools they need to deliver exceptional customer experience.
- Create and implement customer contact strategies to improve collections and recoveries.
- Build financial models to project forward-looking collections and recovery performance.
- Build analyses to communicate operating metric performance to internal stakeholders.
- Create dashboards to surface actionable insights to improve collections and customer service KPIs.
- Generate and implement new product ideas to increase Advocate efficiency and accuracy.
- Work with legal and compliance stakeholders to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Own recurring reporting to facilitate the performance management of the Advocate team(s) by their leadership.
- Graduating in June 2023 or December 2022.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Economics, STEM, or equivalent work/internship experience.
- Experience with Excel and SQL and ability to learn additional data analysis techniques.
- Passion for customer service and the customer experience.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a diverse team and influence and drive change.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at email@example.com.