View job on Handshake
Operational Technology Analyst
This position is responsible to design, construct, and ensure reliable performance for the DP&L and IPL Energy Management, SCADA, Outage Management, and other assorted technology systems that monitor and control transmission and distribution (T&D) power system. These managed assets are critical for electrical grid operations and have an installed value well in excess of $1 billion.
These duties involve a wide variety of knowledge in hardware, software, T&D operations, networking systems, firewalls, security, power system modelling, remote field devices, and other technology involving new and existing legacy systems, along with supporting the AES Digital Strategy.
- This position will configure, install, operate, and maintain the most critical systems the Company manages, ensuring reliable operation of the power grid.
- Support multiple OT applications and have a knowledge across a wide range of skill sets.
- These systems operate 24×7 and are used by T&D field, engineering, planning, reporting and dispatch staff.
- Help users apply technology to improve business practices to protect large assets and improve customer service.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Interacts with co-workers, vendors, the general public and representatives of other organizations to obtain and disseminate information, advise on projects, resolve conflicts, set priorities, coordinate activities, complete projects within time and budget constraints, and provide assistance.
- Create or diagrams and documentation for as-is and to-be OT configurations.
- Evaluates new products and services from vendors to determine applicability to hardware, software, networks and other systems.
- Participates as high-level technical expert in design development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software.
- Researches federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, policies and procedures to ensure compliance and client agencies to ensure systems are compliant with all regulatory parameters.
- Assists in developing the company’s technology road map and has input into the department’s budget.
- As a member of the OT support team represent the organization during on-call rotation.
- Supervisory Responsibility may lead a team of field techs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related subject
- Experience with designing and implementation of real time T&D control systems.
- Good technical understanding of hardware, software and overall technology.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- This position should have at least 3 years of operational technology experience.