The Operational Excellence Analyst is primarily responsible for completing tasks directly or indirectly supporting key initiatives within the Operational Excellence department. The main tasks include, but are not limited to: Industrial Engineering related assignments, Data organization, manipulation, visualization and analysis, Documentation design, creation, and organization, & Identification and development of process improvements.
Reading, PA 19607
Irving, TX 75038
Duluth, GA 30096
Beachwood, OH 44122
Phoenix, AZ 85004
– Data Analysis / Report Generation:
-Automate data retrieval and visualization processes
-Perform analytics per traditional and new approaches
-Develop and maintain data visualization dashboards
– Process Improvement / Process Automation:
-Develop as is process mapping / analysis
-Identify waste and develop solutions
-Develop automation techniques to reduce waste
– Time Studies / Process Observation:
-Observe processes at PTL and PL locations
-Execute time studies: Setup – Execute – Report Out
-Develop findings and recommendations reports
– Documentation Creation / Content Management:
-Develop and maintain SOPs to support initiatives
-Manage collaborate document management portals
-Develop and maintain key departmental documents
-Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
– Bachelor’s Degree required, concentration in Industrial Engineering, Engineering (other), Statistics, Business Analytics preferred
– Master’s Degree preferred
– Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt, Lean certifications preferred
– 2 years of experience in a technical role utilizing data analysis or process analysis skillsets preferred. This can include coop or internship assignments
– 2 years in an Industrial Engineering or equivalent role preferred. This can include coop or internship assignments
– Intermediate level of experience in Statistical Analysis and / or Process Automation
– Introductory level of experience in Project Management, Time Studies, and / or Process Mapping.
– Introductory level of experience using Minitab
– Should have the ability to problem solve in data structures
– Must have strong communication skills
– Must be well organized & be able to multi task / work on multiple projects
– Travel requirements will be in the 10-25% range
– Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
– Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing