ICPC North America Championship (NAC) Hirethon | Jobs and Internships at the Department of Defense | Deadline: June 10, 2022
VARIOUS LOCATIONS ACROSS THE U.S. /DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE CIVILIAN SERVICE /VARIOUS ROLES
YOU DON’T HAVE TO WEAR A UNIFORM TO SERVE.
It takes more than active duty personnel to defend our nation. The DoD employs more than 750,000 civilians in an array of critical positions worldwide, with opportunities for people from all walks of life. If a competitive salary, great benefits, unsurpassed training, and the privilege of serving our nation interest you, apply now!
Hirethon is an accelerated recruitment program that connects STEM talent with DoD organizations seeking candidates for civil service.
The 2022 NAC Hirethon will connect DoD components seeking to hire STEM candidates with participants of the ICPC. We are looking for students and professionals from different disciplines and with various levels of experience, who share an interest in defense civilian service and a desire to make a meaningful impact on our national security.
Opportunities include various types of engineering, computer science, data analysis, physics, math, cybersecurity, business, and more. Do not miss a unique opportunity to work with some of the most advanced technologies in the world and support critical national missions.
(please note that this is not a comprehensive list of all the opportunities that Hirethon will bring you!)
How it works:
– Apply on Lever by June 10, 2022. U.S. Citizenship required for all roles.
– Get reviewed (and potentially selected for interview) by DoD organizations.
– Get a job offer/get hired in an accelerated fashion (faster than the traditional government hiring timeline)!
– Start a unique, exciting journey with the DoD and serve the nation!
Guidance to prepare:
Deadline EXTENDED: 5:00pm EDT on June 10, 2022.
Benefits of Federal Employment
– Invigorating, technical work with no military commitment
– Job stability and 40-hr work weeks with compensation for overtime
– Flexible work schedules and locations
– 11 paid holidays, 13 paid sick days and 13-26 paid vacation days per year
– Emphasis on employee wellness and work-life balance
– Free access to physical fitness and recreational facilities and equipment
– Discounted tickets, tours, sports/recreation equipment rentals, etc.
– Affordable health, vision, dental, and life insurance plans
– Federal Flexible Spending Plans for day care, elder care and non-covered health expenses
– Thrift Savings Plan, similar to a 401(k) with up to 5% matching funds
– Tuition assistance and opportunities for free graduate degrees and certifications
– Federal employee retirement pension with as few as five years of service
– 12 weeks of paid parental leave for birth or adoption/fostering of a child (after 12 months)