The Newton Business Management team undertakes activities that span multiple Newton business areas, but which benefit from a centralized approach. The majority of the team’s work is designed to satisfy regulatory and corporate policy requirements, and this involves working closely with various BNY Mellon departments. By providing a coordinated solution, the quality, standardization, and timeliness of Newton responses is assured, and the administrative burden on the specialized business areas is minimized.
There are three functions within the Business Management team (listed below). The Business Controls and Continuity Senior Analyst supports the Manager – Business Management (US) to work alongside the UK-based managers to support and deliver all team responsibilities across all Newton locations.
- Business Control delivers tasks that have a 1LOD risk management focus including acting as the key liaison point for Newton with regards to all audit functions, Hardcopy Records management, Legal Holds monitoring and procedure inventory oversight.
- Business Administration delivers administrative focussed tasks including ownership of the firm’s business continuity and crisis management plans, training programme co-ordination, and employee data analysis.
- Vendor Management is responsible for ensuring effective and regulatory/corporate policy compliant oversight is in place for all Newton third party vendors and inter-affiliate service providers.
The Business Controls and Continuity Senior Analyst ensures that all allocated work and incoming issues are dealt with without risk to the company, in an efficient manner and to the satisfaction of all internal and external clients; that effective checklists and procedure documents are maintained; and that a continuous process improvement approach is clearly demonstrated.
- Audit Control- coordination of external/ internal audit events across Newton business. Includes acting as point of contact for auditors, liaison between auditors and business owners, collation of PBC documentation from business owners and submission to auditors, co-ordinate business response to potential findings / actions, finalisation of audit reports, tracking agreed actions to resolution. External audit events include SOC 1 reporting.
- Business Continuity Management – delivery of the Newton Business Continuity Management programme in line with the BNY Mellon Enterprise Resiliency Office (ERO) annual program. Includes acting as Plan Administrator for Newton (as allocated) and liaison with other Newton/ Newton-related Plan Owners; liaison with all business areas to complete the annual Business Impact Analysis (BIA) work and the resultant updates to the Business Continuity Plans (BCP); completion of BNY Mellon ERO documentation deliverables; planning and co-ordination of all Business Continuity test events (primary ones are: x-regionals, alternate site, remote working, building evacuation and call trees); vendor / system management (as Engagement Manager if allocated) for XMatters and Continuity 2; provision of Secretarial services to the Business Continuity Oversight Group (BCOG); employee awareness (e.g. contact cards, induction training)
- Represent the team in meetings (internal and external) when required and demonstrate effective relationships with other Newton and BNY Mellon areas.
- Contribute to the oversight of any Business Management related task that is being performed by a third party (Outsourced Function Provider, Third Party Vendor or BNY Mellon Inter-Affiliate service). This includes undertaking the task during business continuity events or tests.
- Produce Management Information and Compliance reporting (and adhoc reporting to any other business area) for the team e.g., monthly management sign-off packs, team statistics and trend analysis. Provide input into audit and control processes (internal and external auditors of Newton) on behalf of the team.
- Provide support to the other team/department members as required and contribute to key business strategic projects and initiatives.
- Involvement with responsibilities/projects in the following areas:
- Risk Control and Procedure Control
- Hardcopy Records Management
- Newton Insurance Renewals
- BNY Mellon IM / Newton COO assignments
- Crisis Management
- Coronavirus Response & Return to Office Arrangements
- Employee Data Analysis
- Business Training Co-ordination
- Newton School Student Programmes
- Support for Engagement Managers / Service Owners
- Vendor Management Oversight Group
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3-5 years of experience preferred.
- Financial services experience and/or asset management experience preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.