Our mission? Become the world’s most trusted and comprehensive technology platform for investment reporting, accounting, and analytics. How are we achieving it? By serving the most sophisticated and innovative institutional investors around the world, building a global team of experts, problem solvers, and industry leaders. Are you ready to be part of our team?
Do you like to solve problems or puzzles? Or dig into data to find solutions? As a reconciliation analyst you’ll be presented with many opportunities to do this! In this position you are responsible for delivering clean and timely data to our clients. You will reconcile transactions and holdings of investment portfolios, which represent over $6 trillion in the financial markets! In this role you get to use a a state-of-the-art web-based system, where you will research and identify opportunities to correct or automate the delivery of investment accounting data to asset managers, corporate treasurers, insurers, and other investing entities around the world. We receive data from external portfolio providers and market analytics for our clients, our tooling aggregates this data and puts it in one place for our review. Reconciliation is the core of what Clearwater offers to its clients, and within this role, you will develop a strong sense of our value proposition and be able to lever these skills throughout your career.
What do we stand for? You are:
- Intensely committed to our clients
- Committed to building an outstanding, engaged team
- Driven by innovation and improvement
- Build truly differentiated offering
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate investment information, including accounting, analytics, and compliance reporting
- Validate investment data against available market data provided by third party sources.
- Manage internal and external inquiries & requests (main contacts include Treasurers, trading desks, & upper-level Accounting Managers)
- Create and maintain valuable relationships with data providers, clients, and relationship managers
- Work with product teams to continually iterate and improve reconciliation tools and processes
- Work with data engineers to automate reconciliation processes, aiming at >90% automation
- Consistently owns and completes tasks assigned, daily reconciliation on-time and accurately, including positions, transactions, & security data.
- Accounting: Basic understanding of investment accounting, financial statements, amortization, interest income, and other accounting concepts.
- Finance: Basic understanding of Time Value of Money, duration, yield, returns, and risk
- Asset Classes: Basic understanding of vanilla fixed income and equity investments and a deepening knowledge of various security types and/or alternative security types. -what they are, why they are used, and how they work. Developing understanding of the security types commonly held by the clients assigned.
- Trusted to deliver accurate, timely, and thorough responses to routine inquiries in both written and verbal contexts. Communicates effectively and timely with leadership or team when assistance is needed to meet daily deliverables.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships by communicating proactively.
- Use the appropriate terminology when communicating with internal or external parties.
- Follows established procedures on work, requires only general instructions only on new issues. Builds upon expertise.
- Can self-evaluate performance and make improvements when identified by self or by leadership.
“If you’re passionate about our mission, we want you to make a difference here. We want you to feel supported and make an impact on a mission that’s worthy.”
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance-related and analytical field
- Grit when faced with hard problems, organizational and interpersonal skills,
- Be naturally curious
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- An intense desire to learn something new and improve on a daily basis
Desired Experience or Skills:
- Finance and/or accounting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP and/or fixed income investments
- Securities or financial markets experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel such as VLookUp, SUMIF, Pivot Tables, and Ribbon Utilization
- SQL query writing skills
What We Offer:
- Headquarters in the heart of downtown Boise
- A Business casual atmosphere in a flexible working environment
- Team focused culture that promotes innovation and ownership
- Access to cutting edge investment reporting technology and expertise
- A Continual learning, professional development and growth opportunities
- A Competitive salary and benefits package; including health, vision and dental
- Additional benefits including PTO, 401(k) with 4% employer match
At this time we are not supporting Student Visas