Peraton Labs is looking for a self-motivated Networking Research Scientist with a passion for developing solutions for wireless networking problems. You will join a team of 3-5 developers to implement and test solutions in the areas of networking and machine learning for mixed wireless and wired networks, with the goal of CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous development), integration and testing, and with time you will take on lead roles and interface with customers. Your work will involve design and prototyping of software to prove out technical concepts; you should therefore have excellent software development skills and be willing to learn new skills and technologies as needed to develop cutting-edge solutions based on customer needs.
We have several active research and development projects where we design, integrate, and demonstrate solutions for a range of applications, including network discovery, monitoring, control, rapid reconfiguration, and autonomous operations. Our work touches all layers of the communication stack (PHY, link, MAC, routing, transport, and application) and integrates multiple concepts such as coordination protocols, security, robustness, and performance. We are looking to add expertise to our team to achieve success in all of these areas. The ideal candidate is one who is excited at the opportunity to work on cutting-edge research in an environment where they will continuously learn new concepts and innovate in collaboration with a strong team of individuals with diverse technical backgrounds.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience in the areas of wireless networking and protocols.
- Strong software and systems skills (including Linux and Windows) and software development (C/C++, Java, scripting languages: Python/Perl)
- Familiarity with source control tools such as “git”
- Knowledge of transport-, routing- and MAC-layer operations and protocols
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with discrete event simulators/emulators (e.g., ns-3, EMANE)
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch is a plus.
- Experience working with military waveforms is a plus. Experience with containers and orchestration solutions including Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- US citizenship required
- Ability to obtain security clearance is a plus.