View job on Handshake
Responsible for the installation and operation of the College’s network and telecommunication systems. Manages the College’s Ethernet network, firewalls, and associated services to provide data and voice communications Maintains, controls, troubleshoots, and customizes network and telecommunications systems and respective software including operating systems, firewalls, Voice over IP systems, and security systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary)
- Provides consultation and assistance regarding specific matters within area of expertise.
- Resolves system errors or failures. Involves identifying system problems and implementing corrective actions. Tests and upgrades software and hardware.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends changes in hardware, software, data communications and techniques that contribute to more effective automated systems capabilities.
- Develops, maintains and administers the data processing disaster recovery plan. Includes making data and program backups.
- Functions in an on-call capacity for response to hardware, software and network systems repair needed during normal business hours or instances where the college is closed.
- Applies appropriate security measures for both physical access to data processing facilities and access to data or programs.
- Applies appropriate security measures for physical access to hardware devices, access to data and programs. Maintains confidentiality of user passwords and security certificates.
- Develops and administers security for telecommunications equipment, network connections, domain controllers, active directory and antivirus protection. Includes security for both physical access and software.
- Actively participates in inventory control activities of the department by tracking software and hardware assets.
- Provides support and technical services to departments, other campuses, off-site locations and college-based functions that may require travel.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or two years of college coursework within specific subject area related to the position
- Minimum of four years related experience, to include experience with network and firewall platforms