Our teammates are at the core of what we believe in: People, Collaboration, Learning, and Excellence (PeopleCLE). We look to hire individuals who are committed to our purpose of uniting and inspiring our city through the power of team. Our mission is to win the World Series while creating a compelling fan experience. If you believe you possess these important traits, please consider a career with the Cleveland Guardians.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide daily operations, maintenance, and implementation of network, server, storage, software, and related infrastructure technologies within the Cleveland Guardians organization (Baseball and Business). Support the design, installation, configuration, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance to ensure a stable and secure operation. Provide additional assistance to peer teammates, onsite end users, and remote operations staff for any problems needing escalated.
All applicants for employment with the Cleveland Guardians will need to comply with the Cleveland Guardians Vaccination Policy as a condition of employment. Potential candidates for employment will be notified of the requirements of this policy prior to the start of employment.
ESSENTIAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Manage network, server, and storage systems and related equipment, including, but not limited to implementation, configuration, management, support, and maintenance of all files, print, email, retail, database, application, Internet/Intranet, and backup servers.
- Review, analyze, and correlate events/logs to provide proactive resolution for network server problems
- Responsible for implementation, configuration, management, support, and maintenance of backup operations and disaster recovery strategies pertaining to network server hardware and software
- Establish best practices and policies pertaining to servers and storage
- Develop, implement, and maintain documentation as it relates to network system configuration, support, and processes
- Perform server security audits and security operations, including antivirus, antispam, system patch levels, data integrity, and user access rights.
- Manage the network application software life cycle for all software used by the organization.
- Set up and maintain user account information including logon and organization info, rights, security and systems groups
- Provide assistance for problem resolution to end user operations and development staff
- Assist in development of IT technical road map to IT management for the annual budgeting process
- Examine and recommend new technologies for appropriate use in making the Guardians more useful, profitable, and efficient
- Collaborate in the testing and development of disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions, and backup systems
- Maintain 100% uptime on all network hardware and software
- Provide support and assistance for all WAN/LAN/WLAN, Telecommunications, and Environmental devices
- Manage all hardware and software licensing and service level agreements
- Manage inventory of network systems hardware and software
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsources, and contractors to secure network products and services
- Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 4+ years of experience in network, storage, server, and virtualization technologies across multiple sites.
- Knowledge and experience with client / server networks running Windows Server and Linux in a standalone and virtual environment
- Knowledge of and experience managing and using productivity software
- Knowledge of and experience with storage related software and hardware related to, but not limited to: File, Block, iSCSI, FCoE, FC, RAID Levels, Backup and Disaster Recovery.
- Knowledge of and experience with LAN, WAN, and WLAN technologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with virtual environments running VMware technologies (vSphere, vCenter, vSAN NSX, SRM,vRealize, Etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience managing software / hardware licensing and servicing agreements.
- Knowledge of and experience managing environmental equipment related to, but not limited to electrical, cooling, space, and cabling.
- Knowledge of and experience with computer and network hardware installation and troubleshooting.
- Gameday duties as dictated by job responsibilities and workload.
- Required to work 100% of all jewel events (Opening Day, Post Season, etc.).
- Required to work irregular hours and long shifts as the business dictates.
- Follow all company policies, including the Information Systems Department Standards and Practices.
- Ability to be reached nights and weekends if necessary to resolve end user issues.
- Reads, speaks, comprehends, and communicates English effectively in all communications.
- Represents the Cleveland Guardians in a positive fashion to all business partners and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationship with members of the Front Office.
- Ability to act according to the organizational values and service excellence at all times.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and have a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand for an entire shift.
- Ability to work extended days and hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to move throughout all areas and levels of the Ballpark.
- Ability to work in a diverse and changing environment.
- Occasional physical activity such as lifting and carrying boxes up to 35 lbs.
The Cleveland Guardians are committed to developing and maintaining an environment that embraces all forms of diversity to enrich our core values, enhance our competitive position, strengthen our impact within our community, and foster a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
In this spirit, we know studies have shown that people from historically underserved groups – including women and people of color – are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and understand that candidate may bring certain skills and experiences to the role that are not listed above, but that would add tremendous value to our organization. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.