ARCOM Capital is a Connecticut-based commodity hedge fund that specializes in natural gas futures, primarily investing on behalf of large pensions and mutual funds. Investments require sound analysis of the appropriate future value of natural gas within the global energy sector, as the world transitions to a carbon neutral economy. The firm seeks to add an analyst who will focus on developing and improving existing infrastructure that automates the analysis , presentation, and aggregation of energy data. The individual will work within a small, focused team that covers the evolving global trade of natural gas and LNG. The position could be full time or an internship depending on suitability of applicant.
No prerequisite energy knowledge is necessary – a strong desire to learn and ability to get along with the team are of critical importance. Education in Meteorology or Atmospheric Sciences may have direct application in our modelling of natural gas demand related to weather forecasts.
Please ensure resume lists GPA, relevant course work (with respective grades), SAT/ACT scores, and any relevant extracurricular activities.
In your cover letter, please explain why you’d like to pursue this position and why you’re the best fit for the position.
Candidates will have some or all of the following skills/qualities:
- Detail oriented
- Entrepreneurial spirit; drive to improve our process as opportunities arise without explicit instruction
- Quantitative major preferred
- Experienced with SQL and/or Python; knowledge of web scraping is a plus
- Skilled with Excel
- Highly numerate, comfortable handling large data sets
- Personable, with ability to work comfortably in a small team
- Prior internship / work experience preferred
- Ability to commute to the office in Fairfield County, Connecticut