At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
**This is a hybrid or remote position. Hybrid is 2 days in the office and 3 days remote**
Are you looking for an inclusive company culture to help prepare you for a successful career? The Multifamily Division within Freddie Mac is searching for talented and creative individuals to support the division’s objectives, projects, and initiatives.
Freddie Mac Multifamily is a dynamic organization, providing interns a wide variety of experiences and responsibilities to build technical and soft skills, as well as their network. Interns in Freddie Mac Multifamily can actively work on real-world projects and deals, which will provide a broad exposure to Freddie Mac’s important role in the mortgage industry, while developing skills that will apply directly to a career in commercial real estate!
- Understand Business needs and processes; identify solutions, present and work with project team/sponsors in identifying the best solution
- Participate in Requirements Analysis; design Applications based on System Requirements; promote top code quality and solve challenging issues related to performance tuning and scalability.
- Implementation of software application changes with aggressive deployment timelines.
- Execute department processes in a high-quality, efficient, and team-oriented manner.
- Be part of a team designing and coding the future technologies and application suite that support Freddie Mac’s mission of making home possible
- Interact with all levels of employees including senior management on various projects
- Build relationships across the organization to assist with customer partnership
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology with software development emphasis, or related discipline
- Graduation date of December 2023 – May 2025
- Availability to begin internship in May 2023
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Ability to learn new skills / concepts quickly
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
- Problem solving ability
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively
- Ability to work efficiently under tight timelines with a positive attitude
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Time-type:Full timeJob Category:Intern / TemporaryFLSA Status:Non-ExemptFreddie Mac provides anticipated base salary ranges where required by law.