Interactive Brokers is looking to hire a Model Governance and Risk Analyst at the Chicago Office. This is an entry-level position with excellent growth potential for highly motivated and exceptional performers. Analysts will report to a Model Governance Manager and will assist with ensuring the firm complies with Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, anti-terrorist financing, sanctions, industry AML, and securities laws and regulations as it related to Models Governance and Risk.
As an analyst, you’ll work as part of the firm-wide model governance and risk team responsible for upkeeping and executing the model governance framework.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop and update model testing plans
- Support and execute quarterly/yearly model testing and tuning activities
- Maintain model governance framework and keep all supporting documentation up to date
- Interacting with key model governance and other leadership stakeholders across Interactive Brokers around model risk during all model life cycle stages to ensure the effective governance and oversight of model identification, development, use, and evaluation processes.
- Assessing model documentation, including development, monitoring, and implementation documentation, for completeness against program standards and templates.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of data.
- Perform UAT testing of model changes
The ideal candidate will have some regulatory compliance experience working for an exchange, a regulatory organization, a Broker Dealer (BD), a Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) or similar organization.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, or related degree.
- Experience in documentation, power presentations and excels with strong analytical skills
- 1-2 years of relevant experience developing, testing, tuning, and validating models at financial institutions.
- Minimum 1-2 years of Relational databases experience (Oracle)
- Python or similar scripting language experience.
- Knowledge of model risk as it relates to AML, Sanctions and Market Manipulation
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups