View job on Handshake
Mobility Education and Outreach Manager at Interfaith Caregivers of Washington County in West Bend, WI – shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
Facilitate mobility coordination and education among public, private, and other transportation stakeholders in order to better serve at-risk populations in Washington County.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Coordinate referrals and requests for transportation services from seniors, disabled, and low-income individuals with available transportation options and resources.
- Coordinate food delivery program that works with volunteers and area food pantries to serve at-risk individuals and families lacking transportation.
- Work closely with the Interfaith team on new and existing transportation collaboration opportunities within the community.
- Provide community outreach presentations, trainings, and educational resources to senior facilities, business, healthcare and other Washington Co. community locations on available transportation options.
- Develop, implement and market a “travel training” program for seniors, disabled, low-income or other at-risk populations.
- Develop promotional and marketing materials specific to the Mobility Management program; oversite of website; manage digital and print transportation resource guide.
- Provide coordination and communication for the Coordinated Transportation Committee of Washington County as Chairperson of the committee. This group is comprised of over 60 Washington County transportation stakeholders.
- Along with Executive Director, develop and maintain Mobility Management program budget.
- Prioritize work based on specific performance objectives and projected outcomes as outlined in grant funding sources for the Mobility Management program.
- Compile periodic reports, track and maintain data related to service activity and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services, transportation, education or related field preferred, but not required.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in the non-profit, human services or transportation programs preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication.
- Comfortable speaking and presenting in front of a variety of small and large audiences is essential for this position.
- Experience volunteering and working with community organizations.
- Organized, detail oriented, team player; able to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of marketing principles
- Ability to learn and use the software application assistedrides.com
- Ability to work closely with the Interfaith Caregiver team in a common mission of service for seniors, disabled, and other at-risk populations
- Ability to comfortably perform presentations and relate to a wide variety of audiences including but not limited to healthcare professionals, seniors, civic organizations, churches, low-income housing, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively with non-profit organizations in the community.
- Ability to organize and run committee meetings.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet specific deadlines.
- Ability to self-start and work independently.
- Physical requirements are those described as sedentary work, which includes the ability to lift and comfortably carry 25 lbs.
- Must be comfortable speaking on the phone and answering incoming calls, so accurate hearing is required.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the prescribed essential functions.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 30 hours per week; up to 40 hours considered for the right individual
- Flexible hours and schedule
- Partial remote work is available, but not required
- Health Insurance
- Paid holidays