View job on Handshake
Octapharma Plasma, Inc. is looking for college graduates and alumni nationwide to start with our company and grow into leadership opportunities. We have over 100+ facilities across the United States and we are expanding our fleet by 28 centers in 2020. This is a great opportunity to work with a growing company in the healthcare industry.
Octapharma Plasma, Inc. is a U.S.-based company that collects plasma used to create life-saving medicines for patients around the world. We run more than 80 donation centers in the U.S and employ more than 3,500 people nationally. Our donors are our most valued customers because they make saving and improving lives possible every day.
The Medical Screener is responsible for registering new and current
donors and conducting a series of screening procedures to determine
suitability for plasma donation. Maintains compliance with Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs), current Good Manufacturing Practice
(cGMP), and regulatory guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greets and builds rapport with donors and directs them to appropriate areas for further processing.
- Performs donor medical screening to determine suitability of donor to include reviewing health related documents and taking vital signs, including blood pressure, pulse and temperature.
- Performs finger sticks and utilizes screening equipment to obtain hematocrit and protein readings (excluding California donor centers).
- Performs clerical duties, including creating and maintaining donor records and inputting information into the donor management computer software.
- Performs cashier duties related to payment of donor fees.
- Answers the telephone and any donor inquiries regarding the procedure, payment, and company policies in a prompt, professional manner.
- Maintains confidentiality with all specific donor issues and record-keeping activities.
- Stocks and maintains an orderly work area with sufficient supplies to meet production demands.
· Cleans and maintains equipment on a daily basis and troubleshoots issues, as they arise.
- A high school diploma, or equivalent (GED) is required.
- Three (3) months’ experience in clerical or customer service position preferred.
- Must possess basic computer knowledge and skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred in some locations.
- Must have strong customer services skills and ability to understand and follow protocol.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read numbers on screening equipment, such as scales, thermometers, graphs,digital vital signs monitor and refractometers.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to write and record words and numbers legibly and accurately.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrate consistency and reliability (good attendance, punctual, apply full effort throughout shift, flexibility with assigned schedule).
- Must be able to work day and evening hours, weekends, holidays,