See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
- Applications Close: November 18th, 2022 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don’t delay!
- Program Dates: June 5th – August 11th
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate summer course schedules if necessary.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
Here at NBCU, we strive to be on the forefront of leading-edge technology and are seeking a savvy troop of technologists we call Media Tech Interns.
Our program exposes students to technical opportunities across NBCUniversal’s Operations & Technology organizations and serves as a main pipeline into our Rotational Associate Programs. As a NBCUniversal Media Tech Intern, you will be placed on an assignment (matched according to your skillset and interest), which will provide you with hands-on experience, allowing you to apply your classroom knowledge to practical situations. We offer a 2 day in-person orientation in our NY office where we bring all interns together to meet each other and various business leaders.
Students will experience firsthand how one of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world operates and delivers strategic, innovative solutions. Internship opportunities may include, but are not limited to software development and engineering, automation, information technology, cloud computing, infrastructure engineering, data and analytics, data engineering, project/product management, network engineering, cyber security, and more!
Colorado applicants only, wage range: $29.10/hour – $30/hour.
Potential opportunities span across:
Engineering: Responsible for the design, implementation, and support of all technology for NBCU Global Enterprise Infrastructure and technical operations including Production, Distribution, Media Fulfillment, Data Systems, Software Development, and Workplace Experience & Solutions; ensuring reliable solutions across the content supply chain for NBCUniversal’s New York, New Jersey, Colorado, Florida, California and International operations.
Technical Operations: Manages the people, process and systems that make up the NBCUniversal supply chain, in support of content creation, content distribution, monetization, optimization and revenue recognition. Technical Operations strives to simplify business engagement and streamline end-to-end workflows across our global portfolio. This is achieved through the management of deeply embedded business partnerships with our creative partners within the Film and TV divisions, and with our commercial business leaders across ad sales, content sales and content distribution, as we prepare and deliver all media across the NBCUniversal portfolio.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be able to work on-site; possible opportunities include Miami, FL, New York, NY, Englewood Cliffs, NJ and Dry Creek, CO.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with Python and AWS.
- Prior experience with data analytics and building data pipelines is a plus.
- Prior experience in project management is a plus.
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.