Hamilton Company is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of manual, semi-automated and robotic products for precision fluid measuring. We specialize in the development, manufacturing and customization of precision measurement devices, automated liquid handling stations, and sample management systems. For more than 60 years, Hamilton has been satisfying customer needs by combining quality materials with skilled workmanship, ensuring the highest level of performance of every precision fluid measuring device we manufacture.
Hamilton Company is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our Custom Solutions Hardware Team. As a member of the team, you will work on designing and implementing custom mechanical and electromechanical products and sub-systems for laboratory automation and other equipment. You will also provide the team with technical expertise required to generate practical Custom Solutions and Integrations. Responsibilities include:
- Perform and coordinate activities related to design, fabrication, operation, application, and installation of automated systems. Responsible for all project phases from concept through product release including (but not limited to) definition, product specification, estimation, scheduling, part and assembly design, procurement of prototype parts, prototype assembly, testing and documentation release.
- Plan and perform design development tasks from concept to implementation for all project complexities.
- Implementation of assigned programs as tracked by the Master Schedule.
- Interfaces and insures proper constructive communication with Project Leaders and Project Management to obtain product requirements and assure a timely accurate delivery of the final product.
- Perform complex engineering work under minimal direction. Product layouts and detailed part designs are developed from ideas, sketches and verbal instruction.
- Design and employ multiple manufacturing methods such as (but not limited to) machining, sheet metal fabrication, vacuum forming and many others.
- Plan and direct testing necessary to assure adequate performance of designs.
- Documentation of the performed tasks including drawings, bill of materials, and associated documents.
- Responsible for troubleshooting prototype problems and quickly implementing required design changes.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3 + years of experience required beyond schooling.
- Demonstrated Hands-on Mechanical experience.
- 3D CAD and/or Solid Modeling experience required.
- Experience doing design layouts and tolerance studies.
- Must have demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- General knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, and their application.
- Experienced in the fundamentals and application of ASME Y14.5 drafting and geometric tolerance standards.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as required to interface with other departments and company personnel
- Medical or Scientific industry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to inspect parts using applicable measuring devices, Micrometers, Calipers, Optical comparator, etc.
- Ability to team lift and position devices up to 40 pounds on a bench.
- Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design projects
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth
- Commitment to sustainable design
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Benefit Package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, paid vacation, paid sick time, disability insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more
- Solid Stable Company
- Drug free workplace
Learn more about us at: www.hamiltoncompany.com
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age 40 and over, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, religious preference, or veteran status in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.