View job on Handshake
ThermoAnalytics, Inc. (TAI), a leading provider of thermal and infrared simulation software and services, seeks an experienced Marketing Research Analyst to join their team. This is a new, full-time position, offers your choice of Calumet or Novi, Michigan as a work location, and is designed as hybrid remote (with 2-3 days per week in-office).
To be successful in this position, you will need to interpret data, create reports, and make recommendations based on research findings. This is accomplished by analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, trends, strategies, and competition to increase company competitiveness.
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and marketplace; consolidate information into actionable items, reports, and presentations
- Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences
- Compile and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it
- Perform a valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
- Interpret data, create reports and make recommendations
- Use online market research and catalog findings to databases
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales, and methods of operation
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other provider research and implement best practices
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Enjoy a starting wage of $50,000 – $65,000 annually, based on knowledge and experience, in addition to a rich benefits package, employee stock ownership, and relocation assistance if needed.
- Previous and proven marketing research analysis experience required.
- A degree in Statistics or Marketing, or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills enabling you to interpret large amounts of data.
- Proficiency in using search engines, web analytics, and business research tools.
- Familiarity with CRM programs; HubSpot preferred.
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys, etc.).
- Knowledge of the automotive simulation and analysis market is helpful.
- Working knowledge of standard office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to travel (minimal, as needed).
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicants must be a United States citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States. Final candidates may be required to undergo a thorough background check, credit check, and drug screen.