View job on Handshake
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. In the process, we’re transforming the workplace experience through the power of transparency and further cementing ourselves as the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights. By choosing a career at Glassdoor, you’ll be directly contributing toward our vision for a world where transparency empowers the workforce and motivates companies to become better employers.
The Marketing Analytics Summer Intern will be a key member of our Marketing Channel Operations team this summer. In this role, you’ll learn to work with sophisticated marketing and customer data sets through the use of SQL (structured query language), learn to build data visualizations and dashboards with Tableau Desktop, one of the leading data visualization tools in the analytics industry and learn about multi-channel performance marketing analysis including paid marketing and engagement/email marketing.
The role reports to the Director of Marketing Analytics and is flexible based on location.
What You’ll Do:
The Marketing Analyst Intern will help with the following projects:
- Building dashboards for evaluating paid marketing and engagement campaign performance on critical metrics.
- Support our Consumer Lifecycle Engagement project initiative by establishing a data framework and fact base for use in developing segmentation and user behavior analysis for campaign optimization.
- Participate in building our next-generation customer acquisition model including a lifetime value and marketing attribution model to provide integrated measurement for consumer acquisition.
What You’ll Bring:
- An addition to our culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Passion for marketing and/or data analysis in the technology space
- Strong critical thinking ability and thoughtful business judgment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and storytelling ability
- Experience building strong, collaborative cross-functional partnerships
- Inclusive style and can-do demeanor that adds to the Glassdoor culture
- High proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets is a requirement
- Experience in Tableau, databases/SQL and business intelligence tools preferred
- Experience with analyzing data using Python, R/Stata/SAS, Jupyter, Google Colab, etc. preferred
- Ability to learn new systems and tools quickly a requirement
Our Company Values and Commitments
- Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and make the right decisions. Pay bands, our compensation philosophy, and employee feedback polls are shared publicly.
- Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to further Glassdoor’s mission. We forge our own path by challenging the status quo. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
- Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive, fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing, period.
- Grit: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come together to get the job done.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.