TOMRA Food designs and manufactures sensor-based sorting machines and integrated post-harvest solutions for the food industry, using the world’s most advanced grading, sorting, peeling and analytical technology. The company’s mission is to enable its customers to improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe food supply via smart, useable technologies.
TOMRA Food is a member of the TOMRA Group founded in 1972 that began with the design, manufacture, and sale of reverse vending machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today TOMRA provides technology-led solutions that enable the circular economy with advanced collection and sorting systems that optimize resource recovery and minimize waste in the food, recycling, and mining industries. This person will be operating in the Business Area TOMRA Fresh within TOMRA Food.
The In-Market Researcher will be responsible for providing information and insights regarding our customers and acting as a source of truth for technical information from our customers. This role will be act as a key connector between our customers and our internal teams to ensure that our; products deliver effective solutions; we are aware of all opportunities for improvement; and to provide good data intelligence about activities in the field.
- Become an expert in operating TOMRA Fresh products
- Assist by communicating, coordinating, participating in and facilitating the I&D team to perform experiments, collect and analyse data
- Provide clear reports and documentation that quantify and validate the different features and capabilities of TOMRA Fresh products
- Understand and articulate how maximum value can be achieve by customers from TOMRA Fresh Technology
- Work directly with selected customer partners to improve our products within their businesses for mutual gain
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements, identify customer’s needs and pass these to internal teams for further development
- Assist with the gathering of market intelligence and monitor competitors’ strategies and products
- Assist in running demonstrations of our equipment’s capabilities to potential customers
- Resolves customer issues or difficulties in a manger that is consistent with the company mission, values and financial objectives
- Advise sales, I&D and service manager on ways to improve efficiency and quality
- Provide direct feedback on field issues with design and quality
- Make recommendations on process improvements
Health & Safety
- Understand health and safety management responsibilities relative to your position and comply with all legal requirements and TOMRA standards to provide a safe workplace for all. This includes:
- Accurately reporting and investigating incidents,
- Ensuring all hazards are reported, recorded, risk-assessed and reasonably practicable controls are implemented,
- Inspections are planned and carried out to review hazard controls and
- Ensuring all employees and contractors are effectively managed through effective supervision and training.
- Furthermore, take all practicable steps to ensure their own and others’ safety at work by ensuring that:
- Your actions or inactions do not cause harm to themselves or any other person;
- Follow all lawful safety instructions; and
- Report all hazards and incidents in the workplace
- Complete administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Observe and comply with policies, procedures and quality management systems
- Observe and comply with our code of conduct
- Positively and actively support effective communication, encourage and provide constructive feedback
- Support the overall organizational vision, values and culture
- Assist others with the selection of approaches, methods and/or services as required
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- 2+ years’ experience industry-specific systems and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Master’s degree in Engineering preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Smart with the ability to quickly understand and clearly communicate technical concepts
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong computer skills – especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong initiative with the ability to work remotely with minimal supervision
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport and be able to travel
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! All applications will be managed in the strictest confidence.