View job on Handshake
The Breakthrough Applied Knowledge Team transforms industry information into actionable insights for our internal team and clients while embodying our culture of thought leadership in our work.
The Applied Knowledge Intern brings transportation energy and freight market information to life for current and prospective clients. In addition to learning about transportation energy and freight markets in North America, this role will have primary responsibility for a project that will drive value for the company in an exploratory area or in an area to fortify Breakthrough’s current offerings.
This position can work at the Breakthrough office or remotely.
- This position will include a summer-long project that focuses upon transportation energy or freight market solutions in an exploratory area or area that reinforces Breakthrough’s current services
- Assist with internal team requests (from Client Services, Data Science, FELIX platform, Insight, Supply Chain, and Go-To-Market).
- Learn and execute core functions that support the business (consideration: Breakthrough News Updates, Pricing Audit, and Market Report).
- Research freight and energy market topics to support needs for our annual conference.
- Working toward or graduating with a degree in/related to supply chain, economics, math, statistics, or business
- Experience using Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in data organization, analysis, and reporting
- Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with group discussion and collaboration