View job on Handshake
GE Appliances, a Haier company, is looking for highly motivated engineering students to join our Manufacturing Management co-op program. Jumpstart your future in a co-op program that will help you uncover your potential for leadership, develop your skills, and follow your interest in manufacturing and operations. Our co-ops gain real world manufacturing experience to help them compete for leadership programs or full-time direct hire positions after graduation. Supply Chain co-ops have the unique opportunity to participate on committees at Appliance Park that focus on recycling, volunteerism, & social events. Our co-ops will also have the opportunity to network with leaders in the business and attend various professional development sessions.
As a 1st Shift Manufacturing Management Co-op, you will manage, coach and develop a specific manufacturing area within a plant, including team leaders and hourly production team members, on 1st shift, to ensure high performance and continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, delivery and cost. If you are interested in leading people and improving processes in a fast paced
manufacturing facility please apply today!
The Spring 2023 Co-Op rotation begins on January 9, 2023 until May 5, 2023 and will be based out of our Appliance Park location in Louisville, KY. Positions located in-person in Louisville, KY; housing and relocation assistance available
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for operational performance and improvement of key metrics including safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale. Align area metrics with overall department/value stream goals; organize resources to deliver on these metrics.
- Ensure line is properly staffed and manage staffing throughout the day; monitor expected and unexpected absenteeism. Review daily plan with Team Leaders.
- Ensure production line boards are completed in a timely manner. Utilize production line boards to collect information on area performance, issue identification and problem resolution. Ensure information is passed on to the following shift and management.
- Maintain a good technical knowledge of operations; follow the escalation process to address and respond to abnormalities and recommend corrective action as required.
- Attend daily production meetings and cascade necessary information to Team Leaders. Head and maintain rigor around daily Team Leader meetings, escalation meetings, etc. Communicate key issues to leadership team at the daily production meeting.
- Coach and develop Team Leaders and team members to ensure standardized work is in place and is followed.
- Ensure 5S standards are met for the area.
- Ensure adherence to Job Instruction method by reviewing and verifying Job Instruction forms, including cross training matrix, and Team Leader delivery of four step method to ensure ‘Critical Points’ and ‘Why’ are conveyed accurately and effectively.
- Roles are available on 1st shift (6:00 AM – 2:30 PM)
- Overtime, on-call, and weekend work may be required
- Reliable transportation to and from work daily is required
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a bachelors degree or better in Engineering (or related degrees), Supply Chain or Operations Management (or related degrees), or Business Management (or related degrees)
- December 2023 or later graduation date
- Cumulative GPA >=3.0 (out of 4.0)
- Must be willing to explore all sides of Supply Chain (i.e., Manufacturing, Sourcing, Supplier Quality/ Quality, Materials, Total Productive Maintenance, Lean, Distribution, Fulfillment, Consumer Operations, Advanced Manufacturing)
- Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now, nor in the future, for this position.
- Leadership experience encouraging teamwork
- Sound verbal and written communication
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to problem-solve
- Solid technical aptitude
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Possess organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks
- High level of initiative, energy and motivation to develop & grow in a team environment
- Basic understanding of Lean, DMAIC, workout and other change mechanisms
- Experience working with people at all levels of the organization to achieve operational results
- Ensure positive union relations
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.