View job on Handshake
For more than 30 years, our Management Development Associate program has developed our future leaders. This program allows you to embark on a personal and professional development experience a classroom can’t offer.
Joining Nestlé Purina as a Manufacturing Excellence (ME) Assistant (Management Development Program) means you’re joining our factory family. You’ll play a key role in leading people and the operations floor through the entire path to high-quality pet food production. You’ll experience information systems, quality assurance, supply chain, accounting, human resources, production, R&D engineering, and operations performance to understand how each of these areas collaborate with the ME management work that you’ll do. Following from there, you’ll experience a unique breadth of work within your functional area and focus on becoming a domain expert at the factory you’re assigned to.
Why a leadership developmental role with us versus somewhere else? Taking the manufacturing excellence path of our Management Development Associate program is a full-time position that puts you on the fast track to management on the manufacturing side of our business. You are the future leader.
• Discover a variety of the field concepts, practices and procedures that will allow you to rely on experience and discernment to plan and accomplish your goals
• Practice personal safety and be an example to the organization in terms of employee safety and protection of company assets
• Lead and oversee the execution of production schedules
• Ensure the flow of materials, parts, and resources necessary for plant-wide production
• Perform various complicated tasks, including management of employees. Plan methods to improve efficiency in production and be assigned production improvement tasks
• Maintain compliance with approved methods and quality standards
• Develop leadership skills and experience
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
• Must be open to relocation to one or more of our 23 production facilities across the U.S.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Business Management, or related field
• 1+ years of continuous improvement experience or process improvement experience in a manufacturing, military, or related environment